Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing spanish as level, and i must say it's definitely not an easy subject - not that I expected otherwise. Anyway, I've been doing some past papers off the aqa website and they've scared me to death as I've got a mock in two weeks. Does anyone have any tips or advice on the AS exam or any useful methods/websites for spanish revision they could share? Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you

ReputationRep:
    While doing a past paper highlight words you don't know. After you finish the paper translate them and try to learn them. Generally I find learning vocabulary the most important thing. I also have a sheet summarising all the tenses I need to know and I refer to it every now and then to make sure I remember them. Another thing you can do is write essay plans for lots of questions.
    Hope I helped!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Tictac3)
    I'm currently doing spanish as level, and i must say it's definitely not an easy subject - not that I expected otherwise. Anyway, I've been doing some past papers off the aqa website and they've scared me to death as I've got a mock in two weeks. Does anyone have any tips or advice on the AS exam or any useful methods/websites for spanish revision they could share? Thanks
    I'll move this to the foreign languages study help forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tictac3)
    Hola!

I'm currently studying A2 Spanish and it is a hard subject to do well in but I will tell you some tips I find extremely useful.

Mindmaps! I wasn't a huge fan of mind maps until I tried them last year and I find they're helpful for remembering vocab and bright colours are even better.

Listening to Spanish music, Spanish radio, favourite movies are great to get your ear tuned in (I find this the hardest aspect of the course). BBC Mundo is a great website for listening and reading current news in Spanish as well.

I also love to use sticky notes and post them on doors around the house for tricky grammar points and every time you walk through read the note.

Also try to read as much as you can and just remember to do a little bit of reading or listening every day. I try to spend 10 minutes a day either reading or listening to some Spanish and it's shocking how often I forget

Best of luck and just keep going!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.