Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have recently been having problems regarding my student fees. My university and the loan company I applied to to pay my tuition fees (SAAS) are giving me conflicting information about the amount paid. I have the funds to pay off my full fees and would like to do so as soon as this is sorted.

In my 2nd year I was threatened with suspension because my university said they were not receiving my full fees. To avoid this my father paid £6450 to cover the first two years of my tuition. At this point my university didn't recognise any transactions from the loan company. It was after this payment that the university finance department found a £6000 payment from my loan company.

After speaking to the loan company they have informed me they made a £5000 tuition payment to my university on the 04/12/12 and another of £3375 on the 04/12/11. Meaning the loan company claim to have paid £8375 to my university for my tuition. They say they never paid an amount of £6000 which my university has found.

My University recently found a £3375 payment made on 15th March 2012 from my loan company. However they say it was taken back on 4th April 2012. They cannot find the £5000 payment.

SAAS and the student loan company claim it was never taken back and they have paid both amounts to my University.

As it stands I have paid my University fees to my University and am paying off my loan meaning I will be paying twice. Obviously I am not willing/cannot afford to pay twice.

When I contact either institution and give them the information the other is claiming they provide information to the contrary. I have been going back and forth between the institutions for months and I am very concerned and unaware of what to do next.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.