Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Story of me bettering myself. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, Thought id better apply to this. Not only becuase well in all honesty, Im freaking the hell out about Uni, But. Student life eh?

Going to tell a story. Everyone likes a story don't they?

How things got better.. I left school with nothing, Went to college managed to get through to Level 3 year 2 but had to leave half way through. Got into an extremely crappy and abusive and controlling relationship which ended with me getting cheated on whilst i was working on a building site trying to earn a bit of doller for her to go out with her friends. Lovely isn't it? Well, When we broke up, As a "I feel sorry for you" Present from my nan she brought me Tickets to Download 2014. Little did i know, This would be the start of something (Without sounding like a total C*ck) Rather beautiful. See around 2 years ago, I was searching through Instagram and found this girl. She was a snowboarder, Loved metal, From Luxembourg and barely spoke english, Thought nothing of it but commented on her picture saying how rad it was to see a fellow metalhead in the snowboarding community. We added each other on facebook and just talked briefly. Anyway, Turned out she was going to Download 2014 as well, We decided we should meet up. I always thought she was rather attractive by her pictures on FB. I was standing in the que for the lockers waiting to get my padlock, When she came over to me. I instantly started shaking. She was incredible. Of course, I played it cool and just Hey man! Welcome to England and Welcome to Download! She just smiled and said hey and thanks, When she left i went to my locker, As i walked out i got a text, Saying "Oh my god, I have to admit, I think your beautiful" I instantly smiled and sent one back saying neigh on the same thing to her

I'll skip the story to Saturday night, We decided to meet up in the evening and just talk about life. We spent the night walking around until around 12:30, When i walked her back, We hugged goodbye (One of them long, I don't want this to end kinda hugs) and said we would meet up on sunday.

This Sunday was simply amazing. I didn't expect anything to happen, But my god it did. (Not that you dirty minded people) We was walking around the arena for a bit. doing some shopping before waiting for the first band we wanted to see (Emmure i think it was). We went down to second stage to grab a decent veiw when we started hugging again i just looked at her, and said have you ever felt like just doing something, But your too scared too because of the outcome? Then she Kissed me. This completely shocked me. I knew she wasn't like this because Girls in Luxembourg well. They aren't as open as most of the women here (In Essex anyway), All she said was "Like that" With a cheeky grin on her face. My mind had been completely blown, By the end of the day, We layed on the grass and watched Areosmith. Incredible.

She went home, And we decided to meet up again when she came to London in a months time. We skyped nearly everyday and messaged all the time. When we eventually admitted our feelings had immensely grown for each other. When she came to london, She grabbed me and instantly Said i love you, Which i replied to. Because for the first time in my life, I felt what it was like to Properly be loved. I was super nervous about meeting her parents. I knew her mum was a very Posh, And strict person. I wasn't expecting her to like me. But turns out she does, I got a text from her last week when she was in London saying "Im glad your with my daughter, I trust you, Make sure she doesn't buy to much" I showed the girlfriend it and she was like. Wow. Shes never said anything like that to anyone before. Really made me happy.

After she left London, I have flown to hers countless times. Traveling from Southend To Gatwick From Gatwick to Luxembourg and back at least every two weeks and more if i can afford it. Its once long. Boreing. Effort jelourney. But the outcome is as amazing as it was the first time.

As the months have passed to this date, We have spent countless times together doing some amazing things (Including standing on the top of a building watching the fireworks on new years, Visiting Germany And France, Walking through Luxembourg exploring places)

Over the last months until i applied for Uni, I was debating what to do with my life.. I was considering working as a laborer.. When she sat me down and literally said. Dude.. Your better than this. Your Photography is incredible. Apply for Uni. Just see what they say And well i did. And i got in. She also gave me the confidence to Pass my driving test. So much has happened in the last 7 months. But This year, We get to close the distance. Shes coming to London with me. Shes moving to England for Uni and we are aiming to get our own place.

And well im writing this to say to everyone. DO NOT GIVE UP. Someone is there. Someone cares. Maybe not there now, But in the end; It'll be worth it. Through all the sacrifes. All the problems. All the crap your going through. Something will get better in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Get this moved to Relationships.

ReputationRep:
    This is one of the best stories I have ever seen.

Wish you the best of luck mate!

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe in self improvement. I believe in self destruction. Much better way to live. Means I can drink as much as I like and eat junk food and smoke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatevernd)
    I don't believe in self improvement. I believe in self destruction. Much better way to live. Means I can drink as much as I like and eat junk food and smoke.
    Curtis.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.