Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I am on an extremely low income. I have checked the extra help i can get, i have applied for Student finance with an extra loan/funding with direct.gov but is there any other income i can get? I currently live with my nan whose on a pension of 90 a week.

My rent is going to be roughly 600 a month (Shared apartment with Student Castle)

Im going to be studying at London Southbank. Won't lie. Slightly freaking out.

Cheers
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

Have you applied based on household income? Is your nan your legal guardian? If you can send evidence of this, or evidence to show you are estranged from your parents we would assess you with a '0' household income, we would not take your nan's income into consideration.

By doing this we can assess you for grants also. For students who will be studying in London we will award a London rate which is slightly higher than the normal rate.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hey mark!

I have always lived with my nan, So yes she is my Legal Guardian. How would i apply to this also? I have applied with direct.gov but i added my nans pension in which is 90 a week.

How would i apply to you guys?

(Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi there.

Have you applied based on household income? Is your nan your legal guardian? If you can send evidence of this, or evidence to show you are estranged from your parents we would assess you with a '0' household income, we would not take your nan's income into consideration.

By doing this we can assess you for grants also. For students who will be studying in London we will award a London rate which is slightly higher than the normal rate.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Is this for an application for 15/16? If so, when applications open in February some time, you will be able to apply through the direct.gov website.

If it's for the current year and you have already applied, please call us on 0300 100 0607 so we can see what we need to change on the application, as we shouldn't have taken into account your Nan's income.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have already applied with them? Think I may have messed this up a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok so in that case it would be best if you call us so that we can look into this for you.

Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.