Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why have i become lazy and lost the motivation to work? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the essay

In secondary school i was pretty much a goody two shoes, i did all my
    work, tried really hard, i managed to move from bottom set maths to top by year 9 etc... Then suddenly in year 11 i just stopped caring and working as hard. I became lazy, played video games watched youtube all day and hanged out with my mates instead of doing the work. I managed to pass my GCSE's decently i could have done better but i barely scraped enough to get into a good sixth form, there i was determined to do well and really try and then after about 2 weeks the same thing started again (i didn't make any new friends at that sixth form so i met up with my other friends from time to time before finally losing contact because we rarely saw each other, i felt kinda lonely at that place i hated it). I did ok in my AS exams and decently in my A2 exams to get into the university of my choice. Then the same cycle starts again. I've not made any friends at the uni just acquaintances ( I really tried to make friends as well) and i lost all my motivation to do work and became lazy i pretty much stopped attending lectures after the first month. what is wrong with me? i want to fix this but how?

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Depression maybe?

ReputationRep:
    That is because being a goody two shoes for a long time sucked the life out of you and now you are too burn out to even care and that explains your lack of motivation. I think you need to give yourself a short break and go somewhere quiet and ask yourself what is that you really want in life.

Perhaps the reason why you're repeating the cycle is because you don't have a sense of purpose in life.Like you're bored with the repetition of actions for so long.Motivation arises when you are determined to achieve something.

Maybe you should come up with goals and try to achieve that. It might just be the solution to cure laziness and lack of motivation.

All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

-J.R.R. Tolkien

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomu)
    That is because being a goody two shoes for a long time sucked the life out of you and now you are too burn out to even care and that explains your lack of motivation. I think you need to give yourself a short break and go somewhere quiet and ask yourself what is that you really want in life.

Perhaps the reason why you're repeating the cycle is because you don't have a sense of purpose in life.Like you're bored with the repetition of actions for so long.Motivation arises when you are determined to achieve something.

Maybe you should come up with goals and try to achieve that. It might just be the solution to cure laziness and lack of motivation.

All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

-J.R.R. Tolkien
    I think you're right I feel like i don't really have a purpose to what i'm doing its just the same thing day in day out. Thank you.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Lionheart96)
    I think you're right I feel like i don't really have a purpose to what i'm doing its just the same thing day in day out. Thank you.
    I felt like that at one point, I went out and made my own purpose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I felt like that at one point, I went out and made my own purpose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how did you do it if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Depression maybe?
    I dunno it sounds like i do by the symptoms but i don't want to self diagnose myself lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lionheart96)
    I dunno it sounds like i do by the symptoms but i don't want to self diagnose myself lol.
    If you are concerned, go and see a doctor.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.