Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I need to buy a tablet with the following specifications:-

1)Should have Skype which can video call and send and receive messages.
    2)Should have internet wifi with the ability to use it anywhere.
    3)Should have good quality and power camera and video
    4)Should be able to listen to songs and download videos and songs and if possible movies as well.

Which is the best tablet which suits my needs?

ReputationRep:
    Erm... You've described the functions present in every single tablet:ahee:

Google Nexus 7
    Ipad range
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro range

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Erm... You've described the functions present in every single tablet:ahee:

Google Nexus 7
    Ipad range
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro range

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can we call people to their contact number like in the usual phones?

Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    Can we call people to their contact number like in the usual phones?

Thank you so much!
    No, you'd need a phone for that. There are various messaging apps like WhatsApp that work on tablets. There are a few tablets that function like phone but they're terrible. A taker I can never replace a phone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    No, you'd need a phone for that. There are various messaging apps like WhatsApp that work on tablets. There are a few tablets that function like phone but they're terrible. A taker I can never replace a phone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have heard of whatsapp but, never used it cos my mobile doesn't have downloading capacity.
    If I download whatsapp on the tablet, can i call phones, send and receive texts to/from the tablet?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Ebay a good choice for shopping tablets?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    I have heard of whatsapp but, never used it cos my mobile doesn't have downloading capacity.
    If I download whatsapp on the tablet, can i call phones, send and receive texts to/from the tablet?
    Yes, the other person you were calling would need to have it too. Skype is another app which works that way. EBay is an OK choice for shopping, beware of fakes and unbranded tablets:holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    you can't get whatsapp on a tablet, I personally got the Lenovo yoga tablet because it was on sale to 160 due to the newer model coming out from pc world and like it really much, the kick out stand is really useful and you can do everything your wanting from it.

ReputationRep:
    Any modern tablet will do all of those things. The iPad Air 2 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.9/10.1 are the best tablets for their respective operating systems, and the iPad Air 2 has the best camera of any tablet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    I need to buy a tablet with the following specifications:-

1)Should have Skype which can video call and send and receive messages.
    2)Should have internet wifi with the ability to use it anywhere.
    3)Should have good quality and power camera and video
    4)Should be able to listen to songs and download videos and songs and if possible movies as well.

Which is the best tablet which suits my needs?
    budget?

Also what about Viber?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    budget?

Also what about Viber?
    I tried but didn't work :sadnod:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Audiology-Med)
    you can't get whatsapp on a tablet, I personally got the Lenovo yoga tablet because it was on sale to 160 due to the newer model coming out from pc world and like it really much, the kick out stand is really useful and you can do everything your wanting from it.
    Let me look into Lenovo yoga tablet
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Yes, the other person you were calling would need to have it too. Skype is another app which works that way. EBay is an OK choice for shopping, beware of fakes and unbranded tablets:holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's better to choose new condition stuff on ebay to avoid fakes and unbranded? How to identify which is/isn't fake?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.