Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So me and my ex boyfriend were together for 1 year.
    He then broke up with me, then was continuing to talk to me as if we were still togethers like I love you's and all that.

But then 1 month after he got a NEW girlfriend ... -_-. However did not think to tell me about this, and continued with it. I then found out and confronted him and he was like it just happened I will break up with her lalala.

After speaking and stuff he was like I will see how this relationship with his NEW girlfriend goes. Obviously I am heart broken and have been so for 1 year now ... its been a year.

I deleted my Facebook and Snapchat last year because i didn't want to see him and his new girl person so literally have no idea what he is up to or even if he is still with that girl.

He still meets up with me and texts me loads. But i don't want to ask if he is still with her. Like in some way I just think that it is better just not knowing because what I don't know won't kill me right?

But he is probably playing me and having a normal relationship with that girl. And having all the benefits of having a relationship with me without any of the lows.

Just what do I do? Why can I not get over him? I have tried everything i swear like completely blocking him out and it just doesn't work. I seem to feel better when talking to him but then never know what the heck he is doing or "what" he is doing more like.

I just find it so impossible being hopelessly in love with someone, when they are most probably ****ing around with me.

I just do not understand why I can't be a normal person and just move on, like its as if I would rather torture myself by not knowing then actually ask and get hurt. Like obviously something shady is going on or wouldn't he have mentioned that they broke up I don't know.

I am also one of those people who never talks about feelings or anything with any of my friends or family.

ReputationRep:
    Cut ties and cut contact for good, honestly, he's your ex for a reason and the more the put it off the harder it will be.

Focus on yourself and doing things you enjoy, don't let someone who clearly doesn't respect you enough to tell you whats going on dictate your life. Time is a great healer OP

(Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:)
    Cut ties and cut contact for good, honestly, he's your ex for a reason and the more the put it off the harder it will be.

Focus on yourself and doing things you enjoy, don't let someone who clearly doesn't respect you enough to tell you whats going on dictate your life. Time is a great healer OP

I guess so but like the thing is I domt know if it is more my fault because I domt give him a chance to tell me what's going on because I'm like please don't talk about anything like that blah blah. Like I literally just don't want to know so I don't know if it's me being screwed up

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.