Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello all

so i am about to apply for my ucas and was wondering,if i get accepted into a course and don't want to do it, can i decline the course and use the same account again next year? how about the personal statement from my college tutor?

i am planing on taking a gap year off to gain some experience through a apprenticeship, you maybe asking why are u applying then? well i want to have a choice to choose which one i want more when the time comes >.<

and which fee are u guys using ? " £12 for one course, or £23 for multiple courses "

thanks and please don't be a grammar Nazi >.<

ReputationRep:
    firstly if you get a place then you can ask to defer it, but if you decline it and dont end up with a place i uni then you will have to reapply. secondly, virtually everyone does the £23 one as you have a much higher chance of getting a place...5 choices vs 1 choice with the £12 option. Lastly the ucas deadline is the 15th jan which is next week so if you have only just started to apply then get a bloody move on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gideon123)
    firstly if you get a place then you can ask to defer it, but if you decline it and dont end up with a place i uni then you will have to reapply. secondly, virtually everyone does the £23 one as you have a much higher chance of getting a place...5 choices vs 1 choice with the £12 option. Lastly the ucas deadline is the 15th jan which is next week so if you have only just started to apply then get a bloody move on!

thanks for the quick reply

what do you mean by defer?

say i reapply after 1 year, can i still use my teachers personal statement or will i need to get another one from someone else ?

and don't worry lool am almost finished just need to add the course i want to do >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yahhia)
    thanks for the quick reply

what do you mean by defer?

say i reapply after 1 year, can i still use my teachers personal statement or will i need to get another one from someone else ?

and don't worry lool am almost finished just need to add the course i want to do >.<
    defer is when you apply for the next year or you could phone up the university and ask then to hold the place for a year if you are applying for this year. yes you can use the same personal statement two years in a row...i ahve done just that!

ReputationRep:
    defer is when you apply for the next year or you could phone up the university and ask then to hold the place for a year if you are applying for this year. yes you can use the same personal statement two years in a row...i ahve done just that!

thank you once again so much this was bugging me quite a bit.

btw am not talking about my personal statement, am talking about the one the teacher makes on behalf of you "me".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yahhia)
    thank you once again so much this was bugging me quite a bit.

btw am not talking about my personal statement, am talking about the one the teacher makes on behalf of you "me".
    the teacher writes the reference and they will probably use the same one twice in a row to avoid the effort of writing it twice

ReputationRep:
    the teacher writes the reference and they will probably use the same one twice in a row to avoid the effort of writing it twice

ooh great, ill make sure to keep in contact with my teacher, just in case i need that reference again.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.