The Student Room Group

A question for the girls - hot > cute ?

I hear girls describing guys as hot or cute.

What are the difference between these?

How much does each sexually arouse you?

Which of these would you rather date?

Scroll to see replies

Personally, even if I do say that a guy is 'hot' or 'cute' if they don't have a good personality then their looks don't really matter.
Original post by Rxamphetamine

1. I'd say cute guys can be hot too... :cute:
2. Both turn me on just as much :sexface:
3. Both

Guys, please don't take cute as an insult. Guys can be hot and cute at the same time.:smile:
General rule is when a guy calls a girl cute it means they're attracted to them. However there's a slim chance they are less likely to be attracted to the person, whereas calling a girl hot is 100%.

When a girl calls a guy cute it can pretty much mean anything...... if a girl wants to be safe in the knowledge she's telling a guy they're attractive I would always suggest using a different term :smile:
AS a male, cute is the LAST THING you wanna be called. Unless it's after you've been given one or more of the better complements.

Cute has connotations of being childlike in some aspect. Either having a childlike face or childlike mannerisms. You're inoffensive. Not bad to look at. You wont be called ugly, because you aren't. your face is well ut together, but you have a safe and inoffensive face. Cute is only a complement from the type of girl who males would also describe as cute.

Gorgeous, hot, sexy are clearly better.
Beautiful seems iffy, but if a girl calls you beautiful, you've won.

Cute means they appreciate the niceness about you. Whereas hot, sexy, beautiful means thy want to jump your bones and lay it on you. Given the chance they would ride your penis raw.
Which is the preference?

If cute is the first and only thing that comes to her mind, you've lost (unless she's a Taylor Swift type 'innocent, I'm still about 15 in my head' girl)
if she's already said you're hot ten times, then the cute can be taken as a bonus.

You're welcome.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Hot is intimidating and maybe less trustworthy Cute is what actually sticks to my mind... Intelligent while normal(as in not very ugly) and funny is the real winner :wink:
Original post by SiminaM
Hot is intimidating and maybe less trustworthy Cute is what actually sticks to my mind... Intelligent while normal(as in not very ugly) and funny is the real winner :wink:

is it because hot is out of your league ? :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by zedeneye1
is it because hot is out of your league ? :tongue:

no, it's because hot people get a lot of attention and that might be intimidating for their partner. I don't feel insecure about myself but if I had a hot boyfriend and girls were drooling over him even if they knew he's taken, I'd feel uncomfortable.
Cute over hot anyday!
i think calling someone hot is you know all well and good and based souly on their looks, but like i dont see why guys get offended when you call them 'cute'? i dont know for any other girl, but calling a guy cute is a good thing, the girl is probably more likely to like you, when your just hot its a bit like eh generic your hot, but if your cute your remembered.
but thats just my opinion!
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous Coward
AS a male, cute is the LAST THING you wanna be called. Unless it's after you've been given one or more of the better complements.

Am sure you would pick being called cute over creep any day?
Cute = Beta
Hot = Alpha
Original post by Rxamphetamine

Guys can be hot and cute. IMO cute is more of a personality trait than it is a certain look, like you can act cute etc. If I'm attracted to someone I'm attracted to them, I don't really think about it in terms of 'hot' and 'cute' etc if that makes sense.
Cute is all about context. I'm very into cute guys; I'd say it doesn't imply that they're effeminate, more just sweet. My boyfriend I consider both cute and hot - sometimes he's adorable like a puppy and sometimes he pounces on me. It's quite easy to be both. :tongue:

However, friends probably use words like 'cute' in a more platonic way. It's contextualised. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous Coward

Cute has connotations of being childlike in some aspect. Either having a childlike face or childlike mannerisms. You're inoffensive. Not bad to look at. You wont be called ugly, because you aren't. your face is well ut together, but you have a safe and inoffensive face. Cute is only a complement from the type of girl who males would also describe as cute.

Gorgeous, hot, sexy are clearly better.
Beautiful seems iffy, but if a girl calls you beautiful, you've won.

Cute means they appreciate the niceness about you. Whereas hot, sexy, beautiful means thy want to jump your bones and lay it on you. Given the chance they would ride your penis raw.
Which is the preference?

If cute is the first and only thing that comes to her mind, you've lost (unless she's a Taylor Swift type 'innocent, I'm still about 15 in my head' girl)
if she's already said you're hot ten times, then the cute can be taken as a bonus.

You're welcome.

This.

Repping you
I like cute guys that can also be hot
I see it as

Hot = body focused
Cute = face focused

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't exactly complain being called either but prefer handsome tbh :cool: :tongue:
Original post by SiminaM
no, it's because hot people get a lot of attention and that might be intimidating for their partner. I don't feel insecure about myself but if I had a hot boyfriend and girls were drooling over him even if they knew he's taken, I'd feel uncomfortable.

:biggrin:
Original post by zedeneye1
:biggrin:

Oh, my God, are you serious?
I don't even need to explain why I don't have a boyfriend, but just so you know, I choose to be single as I am a senior and I am gonna go studying abroad I'm just sparing myself a heartbreak. Also, Highschool relationships don't tempt me at all with all the gossip around.
Hot - I like your body and face

Cute meaning 1 - something that you've said is cute but I only like you as a friend

Cute meaning 2 - Your attractive, I like your personality and I want to be under you

well those are my meanings :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending