The Student Room Group

I just hit my mother

I know its not justified, hitting the one who gave you life is morally wrong, im aware. I snapped, i honestly did. I have been bullied my whole life, and my own mother said " why do you think you get bullied? No one wants you" and " why do you think you dont have a boyfriend? Even with makeup on your still worthless". At that point, i lost it, 10 minuets before that, she had pushed me, and slapped me across the face. My mum has beaten me up multiple times ( she has anger issues ) and takes it out on me. Im moving school, because i was being bullied in my last one, she said because i didn't clean her room, or the kitchen she was going to cancel the application for my new school, as soon as she said that, i looked at her for a few seconds, and left the room, i was hurt by the fact she would even consider that. She followed me out, then hit me, and tried to smash up the things in my bedroom. I pushed her out and stood against the door to stop her from destroying everything ( i paint and she wanted to destroy my sets) then she said shes calling the school to cancel the application, i followed her out and told her to stop, she proceeded to insult me. I suffer from bulimia, she mocked me,
and laughed, she then said i should eat less cause im fat. At that point, i ripped down the blinds and smashed a plate ( i was trying so hard not to take out my anger on my mum) but then, she said ( laughing ) your crazy, no one wants u, and everyone will see you for the dirt you are) at that point, i pulled her hair and hit her, while this was happening she was laughing and calling me weak. I called her a cruel **** and walked away (in tears ) i stayed in my room, when my dad came back, she told him " Helen just beat me up, all because i told her to clean the kitchen" now my entire family refuse to talk to me, im ashamed, but, its been 14 years of torture, emotionally, several beatings i have received from her, it all came out, but at the end of it, i still love her, and i wish i didn't so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sounds like she deserved it. You should call the police next time she is violent (if you have bruises or anything that proves that she has hit you then you should call the police ASAP and tell them). Good luck
You need to report her to the police. You should not be treated like that by anyone, it doesn't matter that she is your mother.
Im just afraid ill be put into care :frown: or that she will be put in jail.

I dont feel safe, shes tried to cut my hair off before cause i talked back, and pinned me down and tried to cut it all off, but i escaped and ran off.

I feel so alone, my family think im a horrible person, and dont even know what she said to me, but they do know she has beaten me up multiple times, but they say its normal, and that i overreact about it. No, it hurts, she leaves bruises and cuts, has anyone ever experienced this with their mothers? Am i being dramtic? I feel like its my fault, well, it is, i just wanna be happy, id do anything to have a normal life, but i dunno if its normal or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
She deserved it, well done.
Reply 5
I think you should play dirty too.Dig up some dirt on her and threaten her with it or when she goes in one of her moods film it and threaten her,then see if she calls you weak.You cannot live your life like this.
Original post by HelenTheCupcake

I dont feel safe, shes tried to cut my hair off before cause i talked back, and pinned me down and tried to cut it all off, but i escaped and ran off.

I feel so alone, my family think im a horrible person, and dont even know what she said to me, but they do know she has beaten me up multiple times, but they say its normal, and that i overreact about it. No, it hurts, she leaves bruises and cuts, has anyone ever experienced this with their mothers? Am i being dramtic? I feel like its my fault, well, it is, i just wanna be happy, id do anything to have a normal life, but i dunno if its normal or not

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you want it to stop, you are going to have to either call the police or talk to her. However she does not seem like a rational person so I doubt that talking to her will have any effect.

She deserves to be put in jail for what she is doing to you, it is not far off torture.

What does your father think of the situation? Is he complicit with your abuse.

I have experienced abuse from my mother but not on this scale. Fortunately my parents were divorced so I had somewhere safe to go.

Please for your own sake, at least ring the NSPCC. But you should really be phoning the police. You can't let this abuse go on.
Reply 7
Can you go live with someone else? A relative perhaps? You cannot continue in this situation. It's very dangerous for you.
It's not as easy calling the police on your own mother however she is.

She's doing all the wrong things - you need to live away from her for a while. Other family members, uncles aunts whatever. Then see if that has any effect on her. Talk about her to any other family members you have, not your dad.

If all fails then you can say you've tried your best adjusting with her and you'll have to go to the authorities
OP, call the non-emergency police number (unless she's gonna kill you).
I know its not justified, hitting the one who gave you life is morally wrong, im aware. I snapped, i honestly did. I have been bullied my whole life, and my own mother said " why do you think you get bullied? No one wants you" and " why do you think you dont have a boyfriend? Even with makeup on your still worthless". At that point, i lost it, 10 minuets before that, she had pushed me, and slapped me across the face. My mum has beaten me up multiple times ( she has anger issues ) and takes it out on me. Im moving school, because i was being bullied in my last one, she said because i didn't clean her room, or the kitchen she was going to cancel the application for my new school, as soon as she said that, i looked at her for a few seconds, and left the room, i was hurt by the fact she would even consider that. She followed me out, then hit me, and tried to smash up the things in my bedroom. I pushed her out and stood against the door to stop her from destroying everything ( i paint and she wanted to destroy my sets) then she said shes calling the school to cancel the application, i followed her out and told her to stop, she proceeded to insult me. I tried to
Take my own life earlier on last year, and also suffer from bulimia, she mocked me, and told me I couldn't even get killing myself right and laughed, she then said i should eat less cause im fat. At that point, i ripped down the blinds and smashed a plate ( i was trying so hard not to take out my anger on my mum) but then, she said ( laughing ) your crazy, no one wants u, and everyone will see you for the dirt you are) at that point, i pulled her hair and hit her, while this was happening she was laughing and calling me weak. I called her a cruel **** and walked away (in tears ) i stayed in my room, when my dad came back, she told him " Helen just beat me up, all because i told her to clean the kitchen" now my entire family refuse to talk to me, im ashamed, but, its been 14 years of torture, emotionally, several beatings i have received from her, it all came out, but at the end of it, i still love her, and i wish i didn't so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

when i read your post, i find it awakward why do your mother treat you in this way??? I'm just trying to understand what could've be the reason for her ill-manner towards her own daughter. At the end, nothing can justify her action.

I'm totally against the idea of calling the police. If i were you, i'll try to understand of why my mother can't stand a sight of me, and try to deal with it.

Why don't you try to go away from her for some days with some of your relatives!
OP, you should never live or see your mum again! Can't the govt provide free housing etc for victims like you? If you continue to live with her, you might end up killing her in the heat of the moment or self-defence etc.
That bitch deserved what she got.
Please please please call the police or child protective service whatever you have in your country ....she will ruin your life and u might killing urself and her.... U do not deserve to live like this:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

it is not normal to be violent towards your child. it is not normal. she sounds really vindictive i would not be surprised if you develop complex ptsd from the on going mental and psychical torture. you need to tell a school counselor about whats going on, or see a doctor and explain your being abused.
(edited 9 years ago)
I was gonna hit her too. Who said you must tolerate every **** your parents says just cos theyre parents. Parents have a controlling mentality just cos they think we will obey all they're ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What you did wasn't right. What she did to you wasn't right either. But at the end of days she is still your mother and you shouldn't hit her, maybe just distance yourself from her when she makes you angry, or consider counselling :smile:
I know what it is like to have a mother who acts like this. You will know to expect this, but to warn you anyway, she will later make you out to be and try to convince you, you are a bad person who has serious issues. If it is anything like what I know, her game is to push and push someone for a reaction, and then make you to be the bad one when you react. It's like women who deliberately push for a reaction from their husbands so they can then cry to their family/friends about how 'violent' their husband is. Know yourself, you are not a bad person or daughter. You reacted as any normal person might. Don't let her convince you otherwise.

I know those saying phone the police etc, its not always as easy as that. With a woman like this, she will manipulate and It will only give her ammunition. She will tell everyone that her daughter called the police on her because she was asked to clean the kitchen or something equally as reductionist and unfair. If you feel up for it, get help though.

She kicked me out and told me how terrible and horrible I was once because I had, after half an hour of being screamed literally right in my face really cruel personal things, screamed at her in her face to get out of my bedroom and leave me alone. The argument had initially started because I had forgotten to turn the washing machine on. She then told everyone that I was being aggressive and nasty to her because she asked me to do the washing machine. Recently, as I then moved abroad and had returned to the UK for a few days visit, instead of spending the little quality time we had, kicked me out again, pretty much same story, because she had asked me to clean the kitchen whilst she was out and had planned to be out the whole day so I took my time, but she returned after an hour and demanded why it wasn't done yet. When I was younger, your age, should would hit me too and use anything she could to manipulate me.

Otherwise, I don't have any good advice. If I had known how to deal with a bullying mother I would have. I'm a little older now and don't live with my parents anymore, which is easier as when my mother starts being cruel I just leave and go home, and she has less to blackmail me (before she would refuse to sign forms or do things I required her to do, now I don't have to rely on her for much)

Just remember, you are not the bad one. Even if you cant persuade others of that, its frustrating I know, but make sure you know it yourself.
Why's she a parent lel.
Your own mother made fun of you for not being able to commit suicide properly. That's one of the most ****ed up things I've read in a long time.

Do what you can to try and get out of that house ASAP. I feel so sorry for you. Don't feel bad for what you did, sounds like she's abusive, simple as.

Quick Reply