Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I dug out my camera and did a glamour shoot for the old battle wagon. watch

ReputationRep:
    I've had this car for a year and a half now and not really done any proper photos of it yet so I deemed it time. I got it washed and headed out to the old Docks in Cardiff for some good scenery. Here are the results! Don't mind the odd coloured driver's door or mismatched red panels - the whole car is a work in progress! Still nice to have some good shots though.

All shot with my battered old Canon 50D on a tripod with a cable shutter release. Exposures were something like 5-20seconds at around f/22 I think. I used my Canon 430exII as fill light on the first shot, and a bus went through the shot during the exposure on the last shot, resulting in those rad 90's light streaks.

Hope you enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    Needs more mismatching body panels

ReputationRep:
    old school volkswagen

love that car

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Needs more mismatching body panels
    It used to have green wings too:

But they were from a cabby so were missing a bit of trim at the bottom as the sill is different on the cabby to the rest of the mk3s. I ended up pulling the red wings off a red GTI, from which I also got a proper GTI bumper and a two bar body colour grill, all for about £30. Unfortunately the wings don't quite match the rest of the body - the paint code is a couple of shades out. Still trying to source a red driver's door for it. The paint in general is in really poor condition so really it needs a respray. One day it'll all be the same colour with no rusty bits or anything! One day..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.