Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I've finally got the forms from my LEA to apply for income assessed financial help. No problems there. The bit I'm having trouble with is this:

    "If your parents are divorced or separated, send a copy of the relevant certificates or other evidence to confirm this"

    Now, my parents have been separated for the past couple of years. We sold our family home and I live in a much smaller new house with my mum, and my dad lives about 45 minutes away in a rented house with his girlfriend - but I don't know what I can send as evidence of this? Because they haven't actually filed for divorce, there's no certificate, so what else could I do? It wouldn't be important, but my mum's income is a lot lower than my dad's so it'll affect how much support I receive. Has anyone else had to do this? What evidence have you sent?

    Thanks for any help!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Rental agreements/mortgage details for the two seperate houses?

    Contact your LEA they'll be able to tell you...

    Hmm tricky.. I'm not in that position but I'd assume that if you provided evidence of their addresses then that would count.. Best thing to do is to call up your LEA and ask them
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.