The Student Room Group

Who are the slowest offer senders?

So we know who the fastest offer senders are.... :rave:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2914497

But who are the slowest?

:bored:

Is there a uni you haven't heard from yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Harper Adams and Warwickshire were quick to acknowledge but slow to send offers/replies -still waiting to hear from them since 5th December

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Andrews for Economics took ages.
Bristol has always had a reputation for being slow to send out offers, and I haven't seen anything this year to suggest they won't be slow again!
Bristol,Nottingham and Warwick!
Durham are a pain sometimes :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies
Durham are a pain sometimes :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember when Durham first entered clearing in 2013, they treated a lot of people on here (and elsewhere) fairly badly and weren't much better last year.
UCL is known for being very slow, but they gave me an offer in under 3 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is a rather silly thread in many ways, for a number of reasons, including
- Many universities devolve their admissions decisions to academic departments. One department might take a long time, whereas another might be completely on top of things.
- staff change, with significant regularity. One might have been inefficient, but if they've moved on a new member of staff might be much faster.
- things change seasonally - for instance, a member of staff might be sick, the department might be particularly busy because of something like organising an open day, or there might be a glut of applications that take time to work through
- an individual applicant may find themselves on the 'maybe' pile, to be decided on when they've seen the state of the rest of the year's applications.

All this thread will ever attract is a series of personal experiences which have zero relevance to anyone else's experiences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I got Warwick after two days, and Bristol and Nottingham after two weeks, so I wouldn't call them slow :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Warwickshire college

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am waiting for those three! (Bristol Nottingham and Warwick)
(edited 9 years ago)
It really depends on the subject. A lot of the universities infamous for being slow got back to me quickly. The slowest university for me (apart from Oxford, obviously) was Southampton.
LSE. Always LSE. :frown:
Original post by Chlorophile
It really depends on the subject. A lot of the universities infamous for being slow got back to me quickly. The slowest university for me (apart from Oxford, obviously) was Southampton.

Must be course dependent, Southampton gave me my offer for Law after 2 days. This was in 2011, but still.
Original post by infairverona
Must be course dependent, Southampton gave me my offer for Law after 2 days. This was in 2011, but still.

The reason why they took so long was partially because they interview (I got the offer less than a week after the interview). But Imperial gave me an interview offer much more quickly.
Personally, i found it to be Imperial and Durham
Original post by elizaalevels
I am waiting for those three! (Bristol Nottingham and Warwick)

High five :biggrin:
Reply 18
York for History/ History and Politics is.
Generally the best and most oversubscribed ones tend to do this. But I got mine relatively quick so I can't talk from personal experience, only from what my college friends say. Plus, some lazier places take a while. For example, Warwick replied to me significantly earlier than Brunel who never did, so I declined them. >.>

Quick Reply

Latest