Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    DM, you are a bunch of hypocrits.
    Page 15 " fanatic s fear cartoonist s
    We must never be silenced"
    So where are the original cartoons they died for? Nowhere to be seen. They died because the were standing alone against this fanaticism, standing for all of us. For you and the rest of the media to not print then and then say we must never be silenced ....unbelievable.
    At least have the decency to admit it.

Nick Cohen sums it up brilliantly here.

Nick Cohen on Free Expression: http://youtu.be/2lffXO_LLWo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    DM, you are a bunch of hypocrits.
    Page 15 " fanatic s fear cartoonist s
    We must never be silenced"
    So where are the original cartoons they died for? Nowhere to be seen. They died because the were standing alone against this fanaticism, standing for all of us. For you and the rest of the media to not print then and then say we must never be silenced ....unbelievable.
    At least have the decency to admit it.

Nick Cohen sums it up brilliantly here.

Nick Cohen on Free Expression: http://youtu.be/2lffXO_LLWo
    What happens is that most of the UK/US media did not reproduce the cartoons, while German/French/Italian/Spanish etc did

What exactly does this mean ? is UK/US "multiculturalism" at work (as opposed to "integration" ) ?

One could also talk about "appeasement"

ReputationRep:
    by posting here you are supporting a business which doesn't tolerate cartoons of muhammad. i was banned twice for posting cartoons of muhammad.

ReputationRep:
    Just seen the head of policy of output for the BBC on tv trying to say that they have shown the cartoons (or one of them) what he referred to was a picture of Charb holding up a copy of Chalie with one on the front cover . It covered about a tenth of the screen and no text was visible. Mealy mouthed isn't in it.
    Tibia you of course are right.
    Another thing I have noticed is all the Muslim forums where you are likely to see them posting about what has happened, including ummah and Muslim youth.com have locked up. I guess they don't want what some really think to get into the public domain.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think your attitude is quite right: why do you think it is that the cartoons haven't been reprinted? The publishers are the victims here too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No British media published the characters because we admit that terrorism works.

ReputationRep:
    Just going to leave this here.

https://twitter.com/frankieboyle/sta...98935788253184

Frankie Boyle - "I'm reading a defence of free speech in a paper that tried to have me arrested and charged with obscenity for making a joke about the Queen"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    Just seen the head of policy of output for the BBC on tv trying to say that they have shown the cartoons (or one of them) what he referred to was a picture of Charb holding up a copy of Chalie with one on the front cover . It covered about a tenth of the screen and no text was visible. Mealy mouthed isn't in it.
    Tibia you of course are right.
    Another thing I have noticed is all the Muslim forums where you are likely to see them posting about what has happened, including ummah and Muslim youth.com have locked up. I guess they don't want what some really think to get into the public domain.
    lol **** those forums, really opens your eyes to see what they think and talk about behind closed doors

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.