Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you eat before school? Watch

• View Poll Results: Can you make it through morning lessons without eating?
    Yes
    43.48%
    No
    43.48%
    Sometimes
    13.04%

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    It's been reported by the Mirror that four in ten teachers have taught pupils who have not eaten for 12 hours!

Students are grouchy, hungry, unable to concentrate and even falling asleep because they have no energy.

During my school days my main motivation for getting up was for breakfast!

Can you survive your morning lessons without any grub? :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah,that's true.I even could'nt concentrate on my lessons!Now i eat before lessons!Getting it now!!feeling Happy!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by dumbgirl340)
    Yeah,that's true.I even could'nt concentrate on my lessons!Now i eat before lessons!Getting it now!!feeling Happy!
    Do you always eat the same breakfast? If I don't eat I get Han-gry..... tired and emotionally I'm not in a good place

ReputationRep:
    I usually eat my dinner at around 6PM and have a snack at 8PM before bed, then the next I eat after that is probably an apple & chocolate bar at 1PM ish, and I'm compleatly fine. I know it sounds bad, but I just don't feel hungry in the mornings, and I drink plenty of water that keeps me going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    Do you always eat the same breakfast? If I don't eat I get Han-gry..... tired and emotionally I'm not in a good place
    Mostly same!

ReputationRep:
    Even though I usually eat a bowl of muesli or porridge with an apple before going to school, my stomach is rumbling like a volcano by my second lesson - I'm sure that the classroom next door can hear me! The problem is that, when I do finally have a bite to eat at lunch, I fill up ridiculously quickly, despite only limiting myself to a small roll, a few slices of cucumber, several almonds and a box of raisins.

I just cannot understand how anyone can survive without breakfast before school - I certainly wouldn't stand a chance!

ReputationRep:
    Not usually, never have time. The earliest I'll eat at school is 10:50 (at break) if I'm hungry. I get through all of my lessons fine, except Chemistry because it's just so boring.

ReputationRep:
    Nope Never before school!
    However at break; 10:30 I eat a couple of toasts.

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day Unless dessert counts as a meal? Haha, maybe I should try chocolate cake for breakfast...
    If I didn't have breakfast my stomach would be rumbling hugely in all my lessons up to break/ lunch. I could probably manage without it, but it's kind of embarrassing so I make sure I eat lots at breakfast to keep me going

ReputationRep:
    I always did and I would always be hungry by break time If I didn't eat I would be han-gry and not concentrate on anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    It's been reported by the Mirror that four in ten teachers have taught pupils who have not eaten for 12 hours!

Students are grouchy, hungry, unable to concentrate and even falling asleep because they have no energy.

During my school days my main motivation for getting up was for breakfast!

Can you survive your morning lessons without any grub? :cookie:
    lol how can u get motivated for breakfast?? i mean most ppl only eat cereal, there's no time in the mornings to eat anything better lol...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else confused by the statistic? I'd be surprised if any teacher doesn't regularly teach someone who hasn't eaten in 12 hours.

ReputationRep:
    I never used to eat breakfast and when I didn't I'd feel incredibly tired in school. You constantly think about food during the lesson rather than concentrating on your work. Thank goodness that doesn't happen anymore. :excited:

ReputationRep:
    I used to not eat anything until break at half 10 and then have a roll and sausage from the canteen.. now though I probably couldn't even last that long without anything ))

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nop

ReputationRep:
    I kinda have to unless I get serious headaches that last till the next day. Suckish!

ReputationRep:
    I always had breakfast before school back in the day.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    always! mum doesnt let me leave without it!

ReputationRep:
    If I had enough time, I used to.

ReputationRep:
    You must eat breakfast to function. You must also eat to have a proper and regular bowel movement. It must be really uncomfortable throughout the day for people who skip breakfast.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.