The Student Room Group

UCAS Application

I'm applying for law to LSE, KCL, UCL, and QML.
I got 3 A*s and 5 As in IGCSE and I'm yet to appear for my boards of 12th grade. I've attended court hearings and I'm into current affairs and I've talked about all of that in my personal statement. I got an award for academic excellence in IGCSE. I have a good reference as well.
I appeared for the LNAT in dec. and dont have the results yet.
Do I have a chance of getting in?
Original post by kashni11
I'm applying for law to LSE, KCL, UCL, and QML.
I got 3 A*s and 5 As in IGCSE and I'm yet to appear for my boards of 12th grade. I've attended court hearings and I'm into current affairs and I've talked about all of that in my personal statement. I got an award for academic excellence in IGCSE. I have a good reference as well.
I appeared for the LNAT in dec. and dont have the results yet.
Do I have a chance of getting in?

You obviously have a chance of getting in, but some of the universities you've applied to are very competitive- for example LSE will receive a huge number of applications all from very high quality candidates, so no-one can say for sure what your chances are. It partly depends on the standard of other applicants this year.

8 IGCSEs is a fairly low number, and there will be others with similar or better grades but more GCSEs. As you don't have any further education results yet, a lot will probably depend on your predicted grades and what you get in your LNAT. Without this information, it's fairly hard to judge.

If you're an international student, anecdotally, I believe it can be slightly easier to get in, as universities are keen to get money from the higher fees.

It's very likely you will get 2 or 3 offers at least, but it's also possible you'll get at least one rejection, because law is a competitive course and you've applied to some fairly competitive universities.
Reply 2
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
You obviously have a chance of getting in, but some of the universities you've applied to are very competitive- for example LSE will receive a huge number of applications all from very high quality candidates, so no-one can say for sure what your chances are. It partly depends on the standard of other applicants this year.

8 IGCSEs is a fairly low number, and there will be others with similar or better grades but more GCSEs. As you don't have any further education results yet, a lot will probably depend on your predicted grades and what you get in your LNAT. Without this information, it's fairly hard to judge.

If you're an international student, anecdotally, I believe it can be slightly easier to get in, as universities are keen to get money from the higher fees.

It's very likely you will get 2 or 3 offers at least, but it's also possible you'll get at least one rejection, because law is a competitive course and you've applied to some fairly competitive universities.

Yes, I'm an international student.. Thank you so much! I obv. can't access my LNAT results since the universities see it before students do. What college do you go to?
Yes, I'm an international student.. Thank you so much! I obv. can't access my LNAT results since the universities see it before students do. What college do you go to?

I've graduated now :P

As an international student, you're probably in a better position, and you aren't competing with home/eu students for places, so it does make your chances higher.

Good Luck getting offers.
Reply 4
I've graduated now :P

As an international student, you're probably in a better position, and you aren't competing with home/eu students for places, so it does make your chances higher.

Good Luck getting offers.

Haha, thank you!
Reply 5

Hey,
So I got my LNAT result, didn't go too well, I got an 18 :frown:
My predicted score in the Indian year 12 board examination is 98%. And I think I wrote my P S well.
I did get an offer from bristol, now there's more information available, do you think I still have a chance at kcl or ucl, or did it just get ruined with LNAT?
Hey,
So I got my LNAT result, didn't go too well, I got an 18 :frown:
My predicted score in the Indian year 12 board examination is 98%. And I think I wrote my P S well.
I did get an offer from bristol, now there's more information available, do you think I still have a chance at kcl or ucl, or did it just get ruined with LNAT?

If you look on the university specific forums, or the law forum, you may see people post what levels of LNAT scores are getting offers this year. It's no guarantee, but this will give you some idea of your chances.

Well done on your offer from Bristol :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending