Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I know this is one of many blogs but I could really do with your support - without it I'll struggle to keep going!

I started unofficially on Tuesday, but I'll start this entry with yesterday's activities.

Breakfast
    - Apple & Blueberry porridge (214 kcal)

Lunch
    - M&S Super Green Soup (228 kcal)
    - 4 cream crackers (140 kcal)

Dinner
    - Carrot Soup (200 kcal)
    - Small tub 0% Fat greek yoghurt (57 kcal)
    - 1 tbsp honey (60 kcal)

Total calories: 1,039
    Total water: 2,235 ml

Exercise: 15 minute full body dumbbell workout. I plan to do at least this every day since I am the most unfit person I know and I want to get into the habit of doing SOMETHING every day rather than go full whack and burn myself out and give up).

Starting weight (Tuesday 6th Jan): 88.8 kg (ouch)
    Friday 9th Jan: 87.3 kg
    Tuesday 13th Jan: 87.5 kg :mad:
    Thursday 15th Jan (Couldn't resist): 85.1 kg scales must be broken
    Saturday 24th Jan: 84.6 kg

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! I've started being healthier and doing more exercise. Missed out on a walk on Wednesday due to properly bad weather and being called into work, but I'm 78kg and want to make that around 60-65kg so I'll join you in here (should I remember)

I'm using my fitness pal to track my eating and endomondo to track workouts I'll not put my entire diary on here cause....I don't have the time to enter them all in twice!

Off for a bit of a run now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VickyTink)
    Good luck! I've started being healthier and doing more exercise. Missed out on a walk on Wednesday due to properly bad weather and being called into work, but I'm 78kg and want to make that around 60-65kg so I'll join you in here (should I remember)

I'm using my fitness pal to track my eating and endomondo to track workouts I'll not put my entire diary on here cause....I don't have the time to enter them all in twice!

Off for a bit of a run now!
    Thanks! Yeah it's really helpful to have other people on the journey with you to motivate ourselves. I've been using fitbit on my phone to track my cals and water intake as well as exercise - it's a really handy app!

Have a great run

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Not A Prick)
    Hi everyone, I know this is one of many blogs but I could really do with your support - without it I'll struggle to keep going!

I started unofficially on Tuesday, but I'll start this entry with yesterday's activities.

Starting weight (tuesday): 88.8 kg (ouch)

Breakfast
    - Apple & Blueberry porridge (214 kcal)

Lunch
    - M&S Super Green Soup (228 kcal)

Dinner
    - Carrot Soup (200 kcal)
    - Small tub 0% Fat greek yoghurt (57 kcal)
    - 1 tbsp honey (60 kcal)

Total calories: 1,039
    Total water: 2,235 ml

Exercise: 15 minute full body dumbbell workout. I plan to do at least this every day since I am the most unfit person I know and I want to get into the habit of doing SOMETHING every day rather than go full whack and burn myself out and give up).
    I hope you don't eat like this everyday- its too low in kcals for an 89kg male (?). Its also miserably low in protein which will increase the fraction of your weight lost as muscle (I presume your end goal is to look good and healthy) and tbh doesn't have much fat in either (bad for hormones).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In One Ear)
    I hope you don't eat like this everyday- its too low in kcals for an 89kg male (?). Its also miserably low in protein which will increase the fraction of your weight lost as muscle (I presume your end goal is to look good and healthy) and tbh doesn't have much fat in either (bad for hormones).

No I don't plan on eating like this every day - I've got some salmon and veg planned for dinner. I might swap the soup accompaniments for something more protein-y.

Any good suggestions for adding fat? I imagine adding some nuts would be a good idea as well.

Edit: Also, not male, so I don't think the cal intake is that bad?

ReputationRep:
    No I don't plan on eating like this every day - I've got some salmon and veg planned for dinner. I might swap the soup accompaniments for something more protein-y.

Any good suggestions for adding fat? I imagine adding some nuts would be a good idea as well.

Edit: Also, not male, so I don't think the cal intake is that bad?
    Not as bad, still a bit low, maybe up it up a bit as you get leaner.

For fats, a few nuts, cook in olive oil and coconut oil, put butter over things.

But on 1000 cals theres only so much you can eat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In One Ear)
    Not as bad, still a bit low, maybe up it up a bit as you get leaner.

For fats, a few nuts, cook in olive oil and coconut oil, put butter over things.

But on 1000 cals theres only so much you can eat!

Haha, quite. I'll keep adding little bits to try and up it. Thanks for your advice

ReputationRep:
    Ok, today's food!

Breakfast:
    - Golden Syrup porridge (212 kcal)
    - Banana (105 kcal)

Lunch/Dinner (woke up late )
    - Salmon fillet (120 kcal)
    - Sweet potato (112 kcal)
    - Broccoli and asparagus (50 kcal)
    - with a 10g knob (lel) butter (76 kcal)

Evening snack:
    - 3 crackers with 1tbsp peanut butter (200 kcal)
    - banana (105 kcal)

Total Calories: 990
    Total drinks:
    - 500ml squash
    - 2,500 ml water

Also, I walked 1.74 miles today and did a 15 minute dumbbell body workout. I feel like I should eat something else because my calorie intake is really low, but don't know what.

EDIT: Made some crackers with peanut butter and had a banana too

ReputationRep:
    Ok, today's food!

Breakfast:
    - Golden Syrup porridge (212 kcal)
    - Banana (105 kcal)

Lunch/Dinner (woke up late )
    - Salmon fillet (120 kcal)
    - Sweet potato (112 kcal)
    - Broccoli and asparagus (50 kcal)
    - with a 10g knob (lel) butter (76 kcal)

Total Calories: 685
    Total drinks:
    - 500ml squash
    - 2,500 ml water

Also, I walked 1.74 miles today and did a 15 minute dumbbell body workout. I feel like I should eat something else because my calorie intake is really low, but don't know what.
    Your calorie intake is quite low, even more because you did exercise. I'd suggest having something like nuts? Or another small meal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GettingFit2015)
    Your calorie intake is quite low, even more because you did exercise. I'd suggest having something like nuts? Or another small meal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I opted for crackers with peanut butter and a banana

ReputationRep:
    I opted for crackers with peanut butter and a banana
    Ooh that sounds yummy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GettingFit2015)
    Ooh that sounds yummy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was amazing...and had the unwelcome effect of making me more hungry :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a bit of a fat day, but I have lost since last week and it's my last official day off work (holiday) so I'm out tonight...which I barely do, but next week I'll be at the gym twice at least and I'll be walking to/from work a few times dependent on the weather planning on incorporating walking into my work breaks too when weather is a bit better too

ReputationRep:
    Pretty bad day yesterday (weekends are hard) because I was out with my mum for lunch and out with friends in the evening.

Lunch:
    - Jacket potato with cheese and beans

Dinner:
    - Most of a cheeseburger from McDonald's

As well as five cocktails and several rum and diet cokes. Probably drank as many calories as I ate. Still, did a lot of walking and a lot of stairs so at least I wasn't on my arse all day.

ReputationRep:
    Today again not fantastic.

Was pretty hungover so just had a coffee and went out for a three course Sunday dinner... Admittedly I left about half the main as I started to feel a bit worse for wear but I reckon that was still around 1,000 kcal.

On the plus side water intake has been relatively good today, over 2l, and I've been out of the house all day so I've been fairly active and will do a little workout when I get home so I don't feel so terrible.

Still, not looking forward to weighing in on Tuesday!

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel guilty cause you'll either end up cutting calorie intake to a ridiculously low level or just sacking the whole thing off and binge. Sometimes you need a day off to rid cravings (don't go crazy!) and the next day is back to normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VickyTink)
    Don't feel guilty cause you'll either end up cutting calorie intake to a ridiculously low level or just sacking the whole thing off and binge. Sometimes you need a day off to rid cravings (don't go crazy!) and the next day is back to normal.
    Back on track tomorrow, no excuses!

ReputationRep:
    Back on the wagon today!

Breakfast: Golden Syrup porridge (212 kcal)
    Lunch: Carrot soup with 3 crackers (305 kcal)
    Snack: Banana (105 kcal)
    Dinner: HUGE bowl of veggie curry with 5 slices of ham (310 kcal)

Omg I made the biggest curry in the world today with every vegetable under the sun in it, I was counting the calories as I was making it and was getting a bit concerned as I got to 1000 - it has a huge potato in, a sweet potato, some quite fatty curry paste etc. in it, but when I got myself a huge bowl of it, I had barely made a dent in the thing, probably only about 200 kcals in that whole bowl. Will be going again for more later.

Total kcal (so far): 932
    Water (so far): 1.5L

Also today I started my first proper workout:
    Upright row (3x8)
    Seated shoulder press (3x8)
    Front raise (3x8)
    Alternated bicep curl (3x8)
    Tricep kickback (3x8)
    Palms -up and -down wrist curls (2x15)

I only have 3kg on each dumbbell at the moment but my aim is to increase this gradually. Bring on Leg and Butt day!

ReputationRep:
    Feeling so ill today, but I tried my best to do SOME activity despite my chest feeling completely closed up and sore.

I weighed myself today and I was 87.5, so put on 200g since Friday. Probably a combination of my bad weekend and also being ill. Not too discouraged but thinking I should weigh myself less often to stop myself getting dispirited in the future? Anyway.

Breakfast:
    Honey & Almond Porridge (amazing) (195 kcals)

Lunch:
    Sweet potato soup (210 kcals)
    3 Ryvita cheese cracker things (57 kcals)

Snack:
    Une banane (105 kcals)

Dinner:
    Huge bowl of veg curry (gonna be eating this for a while...) (200 kcals)
    Pack of turkey breast slices (125 kcals)
    Banana (105 kcals)

Total calories: 997
    Water: 2L

As I mentioned I'm feeling pretty crummy so I opted for exercises I could do whilst dying on my back on the floor:

Bench press (3x8) + Neutral grip (3x8)
    Lying fly (3x8) (ouch)
    Straight arm pullover (3x8)
    Leg raises (3x8) (ouch again)
    Crunches (1x20)

ReputationRep:

Breakfast:
    Honey & Almond Porridge (amazing) (195 kcals)
    That SOUNDS amazing. How do you make it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.