Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would like to apply for Accounting and Finance at LSE in the future. I'm currently going to be doing my IGCSEs in 6 months from now.

What subjects should I take at A-Levels to be offered a place? I was thinking of FM, Mathematics, Economics and Accounting. I chose it this way because in my opinion these subjects integrate well with my major.

I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. Thank you very much!

Nickirv

ReputationRep:
    Hey Nickirv

Your choices sound good except don't take both Economics and Accounting. There's significant overlap between the subjects and LSE, like a lot of universities, doesn't like you to take both. Best to do economics, then a science like physics or chemistry, or else a humanity like history.

More general info here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=974158

ReputationRep:
    I would take FM, Maths, Econ and Physics. You would show a really high level of mathematical ability.

ReputationRep:
    I would take FM, Maths, Econ and Physics. You would show a really high level of mathematical ability.
    If you think you'd get a higher grade on a well-respected humanity, though, do that instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickirv)
    I would like to apply for Accounting and Finance at LSE in the future. I'm currently going to be doing my IGCSEs in 6 months from now.

What subjects should I take at A-Levels to be offered a place? I was thinking of FM, Mathematics, Economics and Accounting. I chose it this way because in my opinion these subjects integrate well with my major.

I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. Thank you very much!

Nickirv
    Agree with previous comments about Accounting. Replace that with Physics Chemistry History Geography a Language. Fyi, FM is not compulsory for A&F so it is up to you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.