The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

What A-Level subjects do I need for LSE?

I would like to apply for Accounting and Finance at LSE in the future. I'm currently going to be doing my IGCSEs in 6 months from now.

What subjects should I take at A-Levels to be offered a place? I was thinking of FM, Mathematics, Economics and Accounting. I chose it this way because in my opinion these subjects integrate well with my major.

I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. Thank you very much!

Nickirv :biggrin:
Hey Nickirv

Your choices sound good except don't take both Economics and Accounting. There's significant overlap between the subjects and LSE, like a lot of universities, doesn't like you to take both. Best to do economics, then a science like physics or chemistry, or else a humanity like history.

More general info here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=974158
(edited 9 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
I would take FM, Maths, Econ and Physics. You would show a really high level of mathematical ability.
I would take FM, Maths, Econ and Physics. You would show a really high level of mathematical ability.

If you think you'd get a higher grade on a well-respected humanity, though, do that instead.
Original post by nickirv
I would like to apply for Accounting and Finance at LSE in the future. I'm currently going to be doing my IGCSEs in 6 months from now.

What subjects should I take at A-Levels to be offered a place? I was thinking of FM, Mathematics, Economics and Accounting. I chose it this way because in my opinion these subjects integrate well with my major.

I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. Thank you very much!

Nickirv :biggrin:

Agree with previous comments about Accounting. Replace that with Physics Chemistry History Geography a Language. Fyi, FM is not compulsory for A&F so it is up to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending