Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I accepted my offer to study PGCE Primary at Sheffield Hallam in September 2015!
    I'm wondering if anyone else has accepted/received an offer? I'd love to know who I was going to be studying with!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I'll be doing Primary too congrats on getting an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellybears)
    Hiya, I'll be doing Primary too congrats on getting an offer!
    Thanks, and you! When was your interview? Have you sent in the QTS Tests/reference form and everything?

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I have an offer for SHU too for Primary Ed! I was just wondering if anyone knows the process after completing the QTS tests what happens? How do I inform the uni that i have passed them? (If i do!!) Still unsure about what to put down as my first choice as havent heard back from YSJ! Where else have other people applied? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachaelamyy)
    Thanks, and you! When was your interview? Have you sent in the QTS Tests/reference form and everything?
    it was early December so yeah I have got that all done, how about you just have to do student finance and accommodation and things now which makes it seem more real!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celizjud)
    Hello! I have an offer for SHU too for Primary Ed! I was just wondering if anyone knows the process after completing the QTS tests what happens? How do I inform the uni that i have passed them? (If i do!!) Still unsure about what to put down as my first choice as havent heard back from YSJ! Where else have other people applied? x
    I just emailed her asking if I needed to scan in the QTS certificates and she said she'd checked on the system and added it to my info that I'd passed. I'm just waiting for my reference form to come back so I can send it to them, but you know what headteachers can be like!

I also applied for Leeds Beckett and Staffordshire but accept SHU as soon as I got the offer.

ReputationRep:
    it was early December so yeah I have got that all done, how about you just have to do student finance and accommodation and things now which makes it seem more real!
    Yeah I passed my QTS a while ago but I'm still waiting for my reference form back from my headteacher, then it's student finance!

Where do you live? I used to go to SHU so if you've got any questions I might be able to help!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I passed my QTS a while ago but I'm still waiting for my reference form back from my headteacher, then it's student finance!

Where do you live? I used to go to SHU so if you've got any questions I might be able to help!
    I go to Uni of Sheffield at the moment so I know the city pretty well, most likely moving in with my boyfriend but depends if he gets a job here or not, if not I will have to go for uni accommodation eek! Thanks though will keep that in mind do you live in Sheffield at the moment or are you moving back? must be nice to already know the uni!

ReputationRep:
    I go to Uni of Sheffield at the moment so I know the city pretty well, most likely moving in with my boyfriend but depends if he gets a job here or not, if not I will have to go for uni accommodation eek! Thanks though will keep that in mind do you live in Sheffield at the moment or are you moving back? must be nice to already know the uni!
    Ahh University of Sheffield! I live about 40 minutes away so I'll be commuting, I'd love to live in Sheffield again someday though. Moving away was so sad!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh University of Sheffield! I live about 40 minutes away so I'll be commuting, I'd love to live in Sheffield again someday though. Moving away was so sad!
    haha that's why I'm staying another year got quite a few friends who will still be here next year as well which is nice. maybe you'll get a placement school that's less of a commute than the uni!

ReputationRep:
    haha that's why I'm staying another year got quite a few friends who will still be here next year as well which is nice. maybe you'll get a placement school that's less of a commute than the uni!
    I'm hoping so! My sister lives in Rotherham so I could always stay there if I get a placement too far away! See you in September!

ReputationRep:
    I've also accepted an offer for Primary starting in Septmber. Do you know anything about the pre-course day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJS_)
    I've also accepted an offer for Primary starting in Septmber. Do you know anything about the pre-course day?
    havent heard anything about a pre course day

ReputationRep:
    Heyy alll! Came across this thread and wondering if anyone has accepted a PGCE Primary (blended) for Northumbria Uni starting in Sept?! Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 6, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.