Caspian Report on the ISIL inspired attacks in France. Watch

william walker
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCES82xfgdw

I urge everybody to take into account what the man is saying in this video. I have talked with him extensively and he understands what he is talking about.

I am sure that attacks will come in Britain and when they do people shouldn't react politically against Muslims. That is what the terrorists want. However that doesn't mean we shouldn't move against the terrorist threat from people returning from Syria and Iraq. In my view the only logical way to deal with specific people is arrest them, prosecute them for high treason, then jail them.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by william walker)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCES82xfgdw

I urge everybody to take into account what the man is saying in this video. I have talked with him extensively and he understands what he is talking about.

I am sure that attacks will come in Britain and when they do people shouldn't react politically against Muslims. That is what the terrorists want. However that doesn't mean we shouldn't move against the terrorist threat from people returning from Syria and Iraq. In my view the only logical way to deal with specific people is arrest them, prosecute them for high treason, then jail them.
Why treason? There are plenty of other laws that these people can be trialed and jaild for. Rather than trying to bring back an offence that has not been used in years.
william walker
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aj12)
Why treason? There are plenty of other laws that these people can be trialed and jaild for. Rather than trying to bring back an offence that has not been used in years.
Because you have to get rid of them in one fell swoop, you can't just put them in jail because they will leave jail later on.

I bring your attention to the 1798 Irish rebellion after which the British hung hundreds of people, forced a Union with Ireland and the establishment of the Church of Ireland. The problem went away for about 100 years. Or the Indian Mutiny after which the British strapped over a 1,000 Sepoy's to cannons and blow them to bits, then brought in the Raj political reform.

Now the failure to stop the IRA and UDA in Ulster. Where the British didn't hang people for their crimes, rather just jailed them.

The only way these Muhammadanism Puritans could be hung is through treason.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by william walker)
Because you have to get rid of them in one fell swoop, you can't just put them in jail because they will leave jail later on.

I bring your attention to the 1798 Irish rebellion after which the British hung hundreds of people, forced a Union with Ireland and the establishment of the Church of Ireland. The problem went away for about 100 years. Or the Indian Mutiny after which the British strapped over a 1,000 Sepoy's to cannons and blow them to bits, then brought in the Raj political reform.

Now the failure to stop the IRA and UDA in Ulster. Where the British didn't hang people for their crimes, rather just jailed them.

The only way these Muhammadanism Puritans could be hung is through treason.
And there are dozens more examples where such an approach has hideously backfired, I'd suggest looking at the previous British wars in Afghanistan, Russia in Chechnya, some of what went on in South Vietnam, Assad in Syria, the French in Algeria. Mass round ups and executions do not work and often just radicalize the populace even further.

In fact, the creation of the extremest Islamic ideology that al Qaeda and ISIS follow can be traced back to the Egyptian prison system, where dozens of Islamists were executed and tortured. All it resulted in was more extremism.

Not to mention that you can't hang people in this country even with a conviction of treason.
william walker
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aj12)
And there are dozens more examples where such an approach has hideously backfired, I'd suggest looking at the previous British wars in Afghanistan, Russia in Chechnya, some of what went on in South Vietnam, Assad in Syria, the French in Algeria. Mass round ups and executions do not work and often just radicalize the populace even further.

In fact, the creation of the extremest Islamic ideology that al Qaeda and ISIS follow can be traced back to the Egyptian prison system, where dozens of Islamists were executed and tortured. All it resulted in was more extremism.

Not to mention that you can't hang people in this country even with a conviction of treason.
You mean when we had invaded Afghanistan and taken Kabul, then hung people through military courts? Yeah that isn't the same a civil trials and independent judges deciding punishments. In Chechnya the Russia start committing violence and never stopped, that was their mistake. Assad's father went into a city where people wanted to get rid of him where. He surrounded the city and murder 35,000 people within it including the political leaders of the attempted rebellion. The current Assad actually attempted to reason with the people trying to remove him and did violence here and their. Also the Syria justice system is ripe with violence. In Algeria the French were unable to contain to a geographical area or constrain their means for getting food, equipment or support. So there killing people made no difference. Same in South Vietnam.
Pulse.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
CaspianReport is really good, been subscribed for a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (363)
66.97%
No (179)
33.03%

Watched Threads