Russia bans transgender & transsexual people from driving

Watch
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30735673

The Russian government is addressing the issue of too many road accidents by 'tightening medical controls' on who can drive. People barred from driving now include:

People with 'sex disorders'
People with 'pathological' gambling problems or problems with compulsive stealing.

"The Association of Russian Lawyers for Human Rights called the new law "discriminatory". It said it would demand clarifications from the Russian Constitutional Court and seek support from international human rights organisations.

But the Professional Drivers Union supported the move. "We have too many deaths on the road, and I believe toughening medical requirements for applicants is fully justified," said the union's head Alexander Kotov."
William Turtle
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30735673

The Russian government is addressing the issue of too many road accidents by 'tightening medical controls' on who can drive. People barred from driving now include:

People with 'sex disorders'
People with 'pathological' gambling problems or problems with compulsive stealing.

"The Association of Russian Lawyers for Human Rights called the new law "discriminatory". It said it would demand clarifications from the Russian Constitutional Court and seek support from international human rights organisations.

But the Professional Drivers Union supported the move. "We have too many deaths on the road, and I believe toughening medical requirements for applicants is fully justified," said the union's head Alexander Kotov."
Well that's stupid. Asking for more sanctions.
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by William Turtle)
Well that's stupid. Asking for more sanctions.
It is quite.... out there.

"Fetishism, exhibitionism and voyeurism are also included as "mental disorders" now barring people from driving."
Straighthate
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
http://www.ibtimes.com/russia-bans-t...riving-1778152
Evening
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

Also, why is your username 'straighthate'????
Straighthate
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Evening)

Also, why is your username 'straighthate'????
that i will not answer
jf1994
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Straighthate)
that i will not answer
He's the anti-Putin.
MedicineMann
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Sad, but not unexpected. Perhaps someone can correct me but are Transgender people not considered mentally ill in this country? would that not have an impact on their ability to obtain a licence?
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Can't say I'm surprised by it
yo radical one
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Putin is a disgusting human being, he belongs in a prison cell rather than at the head of a country.
Evening
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by yo radical one)
Putin is a disgusting human being, he belongs in a prison cell rather than at the head of a country.
So does Cameron.
yo radical one
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Evening)
So does Cameron.
I don't like him, but no he doesn't.
pinkteddyx64
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
For that, have a +1 reputation point from me!
yo radical one
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pinkteddyx64)
For that, have a +1 reputation point from me!
:hat2:
pinkteddyx64
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
:hat2:
:hugs:
yo radical one
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pinkteddyx64)
:hugs:

:curious:
Anonymous263
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I don't like him, but no he doesn't.
he does, he's ****ing over the NHS, covering up his pedophile buddies in parliament, going ahead with fracking and covering up the data about how bad it is for the environment, mass surveillance of its population and continuation of war in iraq and afghanistan as well as drone strikes elsewhere.
By my books, he deserves to rot in a cell.
carehow
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MedicineMann)
Sad, but not unexpected. Perhaps someone can correct me but are Transgender people not considered mentally ill in this country? would that not have an impact on their ability to obtain a licence?
Trans people can obtain a drivers licence in the UK.
snoop_frog
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by carehow)
just out of curiosity are u a shemale?
pinkteddyx64
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by carehow)
Due to the fact we are a very civilized country, not the most civilized in the world, I'll readily admit, but we are far from the worst!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads