Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Okay. So this year, my Sixth Form decided to introduce Psychology to the subjects they offer. I chose it. I'm doing it and am nearing my first mock exam. However, I am having one problem with the subject. My teacher. My teacher is absolutely horrible. He has no idea of what he is doing and seems insistent that he has complete control. It's also clear he has a personal vendetta against me and some others because we don't like the way he is teaching. My mocks are next week and almost the whole class knows absolutely nothing about the course from him. The first 8 weeks was spent learning how to draw mind maps and some reading stuff that was prioritised as more important than the content. He always tells us that we should be doing independent study. I know that is what we have to do, but some of the work should be done by teachers in class too.
    Now, onto the more important bit.
    Seeing as Psychology was only just introduced. The school was unable to find a Psychology teacher in time. So, they decided to use the music teacher (He's who I've been talking about). He has a music degree and tells us that he has a degree in Psychology In Music.
    Does that mean he is qualified enough to teach an actual Psychology course?
    (The school has received multiple complaints from us about him, and they have brought in a teacher who is in the class, but she will not be taking over until next year, and until then it is a "transition period".)
    (And if Mr. Bott*** happens to read this. **** you, you lazy ****)
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    If your teacher isn't doing his job properly, it's unfortunate, but to do well, you'll need to put in some extra work yourselves. Have you all considered getting together after school and teaching yourselves the content as a group?
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.