Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So my lecturer said it isn't imperative to remember the names of the studies/whoever conducted it but she's slack so I'm wondering if anyone can confirm this? Also, I can hardly remember the many case studies on the Memory unit let alone 4 more units with multiple studies for each! Any AS/A Level got a good method or any tips to suggest ? Thank you in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anaasks)
    So my lecturer said it isn't imperative to remember the names of the studies/whoever conducted it but she's slack so I'm wondering if anyone can confirm this? Also, I can hardly remember the many case studies on the Memory unit let alone 4 more units with multiple studies for each! Any AS/A Level got a good method or any tips to suggest ? Thank you in advance!
    Names are helpful for talking about research, e.g, 'Gary conducted an experiment to show...', so it would be good to know the names of some of the researchers that are 'crucial' to the topic, to show that you are more aware, while knowing the names may also differentiate studies from each other, so you may be less likely to mix studies up (?).

The dates, however, are usually not important, and could only act as a small evaluative point (e.g.- being outdated, etc,).

A previous thread may help:
    l http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2905333

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.