Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Just done a practice exam paper for physics unit 4 AQA and I'm totally deflated! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. Is it acceptable to be barely scraping 40% set this stage? I found so many questions that I couldn't answer.

ReputationRep:
    I don't study your course. I do OCR Physics at A2. However, could I just ask that is this the first past paper you have done? Don't get downhearted. Just keep doing more past papers. The more you do, the more you understand exam technique. Practise makes perfect. The best students keep fighting!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! Thank you, yes this is first one I've tried. Think this evening I'm going to take a break from studying as I was almost in tears with frustration!
    (Original post by Tiwa)
    I don't study your course. I do OCR Physics at A2. However, could I just ask that is this the first past paper you have done? Don't get downhearted. Just keep doing more past papers. The more you do, the more you understand exam technique. Practise makes perfect. The best students keep fighting!

ReputationRep:
    Don't overwork yourself. Just work at a constant pace. You'll see that the more past papers you do, the better prepared for the exam. And you should do each past paper mutiple to fully prepare! Also, the topics that you struggle the most with? It's best to read over notes, revision guides pr even make flash cards to help you remember them better! Wish you all the best for this summer! God bless.

ReputationRep:
    If you need a break, take one! Best to take a break and be fully focused than just do a whole bunch for several hours straight.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I found Unit 4 of AQA physics difficult at first as well.

The multiple choice is just something that you need to practice after careful revision of the knowledge. You can try to eliminate two answers that look wrong and go for a 50:50 if you can't answer the question. It's quite difficult, yes, but practice helps you get better at it.

I don't know what to suggest for the other section. Just make sure that you know everything.

For the test that you've already done, have a look at the paper again and see where you've gone wrong - whether it's exam technique, timing, exam pressure, or anything else. Figure that out and work on it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 9, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.