Just done a practice exam paper for physics unit 4 AQA and I'm totally deflated! Watch

Hexaneandheels
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone. Is it acceptable to be barely scraping 40% set this stage? I found so many questions that I couldn't answer.
Tiwa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't study your course. I do OCR Physics at A2. However, could I just ask that is this the first past paper you have done? Don't get downhearted. Just keep doing more past papers. The more you do, the more you understand exam technique. Practise makes perfect. The best students keep fighting!
Hexaneandheels
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there! Thank you, yes this is first one I've tried. Think this evening I'm going to take a break from studying as I was almost in tears with frustration!
(Original post by Tiwa)
I don't study your course. I do OCR Physics at A2. However, could I just ask that is this the first past paper you have done? Don't get downhearted. Just keep doing more past papers. The more you do, the more you understand exam technique. Practise makes perfect. The best students keep fighting!
Tiwa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't overwork yourself. Just work at a constant pace. You'll see that the more past papers you do, the better prepared for the exam. And you should do each past paper mutiple to fully prepare! Also, the topics that you struggle the most with? It's best to read over notes, revision guides pr even make flash cards to help you remember them better! Wish you all the best for this summer! God bless.
Tiwa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you need a break, take one! Best to take a break and be fully focused than just do a whole bunch for several hours straight.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I found Unit 4 of AQA physics difficult at first as well.

The multiple choice is just something that you need to practice after careful revision of the knowledge. You can try to eliminate two answers that look wrong and go for a 50:50 if you can't answer the question. It's quite difficult, yes, but practice helps you get better at it.

I don't know what to suggest for the other section. Just make sure that you know everything.

For the test that you've already done, have a look at the paper again and see where you've gone wrong - whether it's exam technique, timing, exam pressure, or anything else. Figure that out and work on it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (359)
59.05%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.43%