Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently just went into the back of someone, still a bit fazed and have no idea what to do
    was just wondering on rough quotes for a repair, the front bumper is smashed and the bonnet too, i know its hard to say how much itll cost but looking for a rough price
    wasnt going to face as i was breaking, the car still drives just the front looks a bit flat

renault clio 04 plate 1.2
    please help

ReputationRep:
    Go to a scrappy...

Are you sure that's the extent of the damage and there's no rad damage or anything?

Sorry I can't help you on prices, I've no idea about renaults.

Might be worth checking on eBay?

ReputationRep:

I dont believe there's no inside damage, scared to open the bonnet incase it doesnt close again,

how much would a mechanic charge to replace it if i was to supple the parts?

ReputationRep:
    That depends on how long it'd take to do it. Estimate £40 per hour and you shouldn't be too far wrong (might even have change).

You can't not look under the bonnet, because frankly, if you need a new bumper and bonnet, you might well be needing some internals. If you've bent the chassis the car's never going to be roadworthy so will need scrapping.

Open the bonnet, take a look. See how well the rad's fairing and anything else near the front. No point buying a bonnet and bumper if you're going to end up scrapping it.

ReputationRep:
    From personal experience... Don't know how severe yours is so assuming ~£400

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You need to open the bonnet and have a look.
    Has the slam panel buckled? If it has that will need straightening before the new bonnet will fit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.