Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Summer abroad programmes for teenagers?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi i'm 17 and studying A level French and Spanish.
    I'm looking to go away for a couple of weeks in the summer to either France or Spain for either volunteering or an educational/ cultural programme. I also want to keep the costs down.
    Has anyone had any experience travelling abroad in the summer on some sort of programme and could anyone point me in the right direction where to look?
    Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try to become an au pair? I don't know if you have to be over 16 or 18 but you can check it. http://www.helpx.net/index.asp This site is also very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viridiana)
    Maybe try to become an au pair? I don't know if you have to be over 16 or 18 but you can check it. http://www.helpx.net/index.asp This site is also very interesting.
    thanks i'll check it out!

ReputationRep:
    I used a new agency called "live out pair valencia" , where basically they put all au pairs in a flat so you can live with other girls instead of the family. It's so much better cause then when you have time off you can do whatever you want - they're on facebook you should check them out! I'm having an amazingg time here. Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    You can go at France which is best as compare to Spain. According to me its best experience to travelling for abroad in any season and for any programme. Also you can help online tips and suggestion for travelling and educational experts.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.