Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Two straight men hold hands in Luton for experiment, receive homophobia watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/01/09...phobia-exists/

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...p0T2ZcNE2LZbvI

And the Government and liberals pretend that gay people are fully accepted in society in light of gay marriage legislation. It is anything but the case.

ReputationRep:
    Politicians don't live in the real world, so why do you believe anything that they have to say? I live in Wigan, and homophobia here has gotten worse. The same in Manchester according to my little brother.

ReputationRep:
    Sad to see, but unfortunately homophobia will always exist in society. I do believe attitudes towards homosexuality have improved in the UK, but if people like the young man in this video are brought up to see it as being 'wrong', nothing will change. As with all other types of -isms, it'll always be an issue for some regardless of what equal measures the government bring into place.

ReputationRep:
    Luton, really?

ReputationRep:
    There will always be people who are bigoted, but whilst there is a social stigma about being openly racist, there is not such a huge stigma yet towards being homophobic. Attitudes take time to change but they will in time and there's little you can do to force it. The only thing you can campaign against is institutionalised and legal discrimination against homosexuals.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.