Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do you believe that modern society is still controlled by sex and jungle law Watch

ReputationRep:
    and to what extent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    and to what extent?
    That and robots of both the human and digital kind.

ReputationRep:
    Human nature is driven by carnal pleasures and the need to be the strongest, the leader. So yeah, these things will never change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiminaM)
    Human nature is driven by carnal pleasures and the need to be the strongest, the leader. So yeah, these things will never change.
    well the Enlightenment was supposed to try and work on this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    well the Enlightenment was supposed to try and work on this...
    It's human nature. We can learn how to control ourselves but we can't erase those things.

ReputationRep:
    Can I be King of the Swingers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Can I be King of the Swingers?

Can I be Burger King?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Balloon Baboon)
    Can I be Burger King?
    Fine by me! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    pretty much

ReputationRep:
    It's human nature. We can learn how to control ourselves but we can't erase those things.
    Well then why don't we just strip of go live in the jungle, throw poo at each other all day and saves ourselves the trouble of even trying to deny our animialistic nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    Well then why don't we just strip of go live in the jungle, throw poo at each other all day and saves ourselves the trouble of even trying to deny our animialistic nature.
    I did not say that. I said that we have animalistic instincts that can be controlled but not erased - therefore, we will always be at least a little bit influenced by it. It is a good thing that we have become as civil as we are today.

ReputationRep:
    I did not say that. I said that we have animalistic instincts that can be controlled but not erased - therefore, we will always be at least a little bit influenced by it. It is a good thing that we have become as civil as we are today.
    to be precise we are sexually governed by the limbic brain whereas the frontal and to some extent parietal lobes make us rational and 'civilised'

ReputationRep:
    Well, sex is the number one reason people do things. Power comes in a close second, and money third.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.