Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm having a pretty big issue where I can't get onto the Boot Options Menu. My Windows 8 PC is stuck in an infinite loop where it shows a blue screen and sad face after 'preparing automatic repair'. I need to access the boot menu in order to reset the PC, as this is how I was able to fix it before. Only problem this time is that I can't get onto it! I've tried pressing all the F keys to no avail, however I can access the Aptio Setup Utility (I think that's the BIOS menu) by holding down F2 on boot.

I'm kind of stuck at the moment so any help would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K-Elyas)
    bump
    Do you have a Windows CD you can boot from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Do you have a Windows CD you can boot from?
    no but I have a bootable usb stick with Windows 8 on it. The issue is it won't show up as a boot option when I access BIOS. I feel that I need to reset the PC first as this is what I had to do last time so that's why I need to get onto the Boot Options Menu

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.