Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it weird to turn down attractive women? (making myself celibut) Watch

Anon because this is private. Ok, am I downright weird? I'm not turning someone down because I think I'm better, or anything. And it's not for lack of sex drive. I avoid sexual relationships, because I don't like condoms and I do want it natural really. I've even had it virtually offered to me by a very attractive women and I always avoid it. I know how horny I am, how it's a pale imitation with condoms and also how nature really wants e to reproduce. And that people feel huge pride and emotions on being a Dad. Trouble is society isn't in tandem with nature, and I have no resources or living circumstances to provide for a kid now. Guts, women, what should I do? I have denyed myself this joy and pleasure with a woman constantly, even when there has been great mutual attraction. Am I overestimating how terrible a kid would be, underestimating, how I could deal with, underestimating what nature is telling me? Missing out on something great? Because I am really talking perfect chemistry and compatibility here, that has fertility and ease together plus great sex written all over it. Am I just being cruel to myself, causing myself frustration, should I learn to trust my instincts?

Guys, women, that should read.

Bear in mind I have been quite isolated and have a lot of neurotic energy because of this self-imposed predicament. I have also had great adversity which leads me to understand that maybe basic humanizing things that everyone does, ie reproduction, are above selfishness, or pseudo-sophistication, or any of our current values in a civilization that, let's face it, is facing extinction due to it's competition with others with more basic goals(ie go forth and multiply). Do I need to just join humanity more, stop denying nature and if i'm attractive to women I find attractive, is it madness to just spend my life masturbating and alone? Bear in mind I have used condoms and hate them, I know what unprotected is like and with the right woman it'd be even better, and feels like nature.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're thinking way to much about this.

You do know there are other methods of contraception than just condoms?

ReputationRep:
    Very weird, you may prefer sex without condoms but better to have sex with condoms with an attractive girl then to not, also sex is not just intercourse so you have missed out on many other aspects of sex.

What you did was very unmanly.

(Original post by Zander01)
    I think you're thinking way to much about this.

You do know there are other methods of contraception than just condoms?
    Yeah I just haven't been in that kind of stable relationship where you planned the method. It all seems calculated.
    I also hear that the pill can be damaging for women, more evidence of that coming out, and that the hormones it releases, many women say, makes their sex drive lessen considerably. But more broadly, I'm just thinking is it totally unnatural? As I get older I guess I will be less fertile, so maybe the risk is less. I read an interview with Simon Cowell, saying condoms were something he hadn't used for years, he gets loads of women and he's only fathered one. Maybe you can do the rhythm method too, I prefer the idea of her checking her temps, people say that's a bit clinical but at least it's not doing anything to her body. It's the most natural. But sometimes I want it cos the mood is right and the person is, and maybe I overestimate the risk of it, and also how many chances or people I will click with in that way, so I'm thinking maybe I'm just supressing nature, and that the universes plan will make only as many pregnancies as should occur, and that it could be humanizing, beautiful, it could lead myself somewhere else than the monotony of being alone and without a relationship, and maybe I just take to having a child better than I think, analagous to if you put a baby in to swim.

Appreciate it's a long post but try and interpret.

(Original post by slade p)
    Very weird, you may prefer sex without condoms but better to have sex with condoms with an attractive girl then to not, also sex is not just intercourse so you have missed out on many other aspects of sex.

What you did was very unmanly.
    I been doing it years, don't see what's so 'unmanly' about not wanting to father a child if I cant provide for it. Is it cos women are too weak to be rejected? It's not unmanly to only believe in it unprotected either, and it's nature. I genuinely just believe in restraining yourself or having it naturally and unguarded. And it's because I've been there unprotected, and know how bad it is with a condom in comparison. I also know what it's like with a certain ethnicity too, that's why I prioritize those women sexually.
    I'd say it's more unmanly to have to everyone thinking, and trying to convince them, how many shaqs you get, when they may be token, or whatever. To be needy to prove yourself is kind of lame, as is being left alone after meaningless ****s, people going out of town etc.

ReputationRep:
    Pics or GTFO.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.