The Student Room Group

Decided to be a different person for a while.

I decided over the holidays, that I am too kind a person to other students in my A level year and decided for my New Years Resolution or New Years Revolution, to stop letting others hold me back and so at least until I go to university this year. So, whereas I would normally hold the door open for other people, I find myself repeatedly closing it in their face. However, what happened earlier today was a trigger I was in my A level class and some people made a joke about one of the girls, now I found it very funny, however she was upset and after class, she approached me and said she was upset, instead of comforting her, I said that I agreed with the people who had made the joke and that she was a bitch. Has anyone else decided to stop being so kind to other people.
Reply 1
Original post by proditione
whereas I would normally hold the door open for other people, I find myself repeatedly closing it in their face.
Is that a metaphor, or literal?
Reply 2
Original post by Simes

A touch of both.
Reply 3
It had to be done.
I decided over the holidays, that I am too kind a person to other students in my A level year and decided for my New Years Resolution or New Years Revolution, to stop letting others hold me back and so at least until I go to university this year. So, whereas I would normally hold the door open for other people, I find myself repeatedly closing it in their face. However, what happened earlier today was a trigger I was in my A level class and some people made a joke about one of the girls, now I found it very funny, however she was upset and after class, she approached me and said she was upset, instead of comforting her, I said that I agreed with the people who had made the joke and that she was a bitch. Has anyone else decided to stop being so kind to other people.

I feel that I'm also too nice to others, but still you called her a bitch? You could've just said you found it funny and left it at that...Nothing wrong in being nice, as long as you're not being pushed over by your mates. How do you feel others are holding you back out of curiosity?
You created your account today, for the sole purpose of creating provocative threads like this one.
There's a big difference between letting people walk all over you/hold you back and, not being a dick.
Original post by Simes

A touch of both.

Wut. OP, I would hate to be your friend. There's a difference between trying to stop people walking over you and being rude.
Reply 8
It had to be done.

And you're sure you used to be super nice?

Well...

Clearly possessed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending