Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So this girl I work she's a shy girl and lacks a bit of self confidence. Anyway she used to be open and friendly with me and what I'd say comfortable and relaxed. Now she seems to be a little less interacting. I get the impression that she may dislike me, but I know deep down that she doesn't but the way she acts is like she dislikes me. she's still very polite, but she avoids eye contact quite a lot and seems to be quite quiet and flat when I'm talking to her, but she will carry on the conversation even if she looks a little uncomfortable. Every now and again she will just look in my eyes and hold it for a few secs, not very long though. When we used to say goodbye she would ALWAYS say my name, but she just says seeya and that's it, she does with others..
    I can't think what I've done too make her like this, just she's changed around me. I Don't know whether im thinking to much into this, but it's something I've noticed. Girls, any idea why she would become less interacting?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she fancies you and gets more nervous around you.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So this girl I work she's a shy girl and lacks a bit of self confidence. Anyway she used to be open and friendly with me and what I'd say comfortable and relaxed. Now she seems to be a little less interacting. I get the impression that she may dislike me, but I know deep down that she doesn't but the way she acts is like she dislikes me. she's still very polite, but she avoids eye contact quite a lot and seems to be quite quiet and flat when I'm talking to her, but she will carry on the conversation even if she looks a little uncomfortable. Every now and again she will just look in my eyes and hold it for a few secs, not very long though. When we used to say goodbye she would ALWAYS say my name, but she just says seeya and that's it, she does with others..
    I can't think what I've done too make her like this, just she's changed around me. I Don't know whether im thinking to much into this, but it's something I've noticed. Girls, any idea why she would become less interacting?
    Hmm. do you see her all the time at work? And how well do you know her? I assume you want to be more that just friends.... As a girl who is a bit shy & lacks self-confidence too, I say - do not give up on her. I think she likes you and that why she is acting like that. Girls all act differently. And maybe the fact that she likes you and you try to talk to her make her become nervous. And if she not as confident as most girls...maybe thats why she doesn't flirt or act in a way to make you easily understand that she is interested. Try to talk to her still, smile at her and let her know that you care about her. I wouldn't get offended or upset by it & I definitely would not ignore her.

Hmm. do you see her all the time at work? And how well do you know her? I assume you want to be more that just friends.... As a girl who is a bit shy & lacks self-confidence too, I say - do not give up on her. I think she likes you and that why she is acting like that. Girls all act differently. And maybe the fact that she likes you and you try to talk to her make her become nervous. And if she not as confident as most girls...maybe thats why she doesn't flirt or act in a way to make you easily understand that she is interested. Try to talk to her still, smile at her and let her know that you care about her. I wouldn't get offended or upset by it & I definitely would not ignore her.
    I see her everyday but I don't work with her. I've known her for 3 years! She used to be the total opposite, open and friendly and just a nice person. Now I feel she doesn't like me. Surely if she 'like' me why would she bshave in a way that comes across like I've done something wrong?
    She does quietly laugh at my jokes sometimes, which makes me think if she didn't like me, would she do this?

ReputationRep:
    Is she single? If she recently entered a relationship, she could be feeling guilt at being so friendly to other guys. It's also entirely possible that someone you mutually know hinted that you were into her romantically and she may have freaked out.

(Original post by Calpurnia)
    Is she single? If she recently entered a relationship, she could be feeling guilt at being so friendly to other guys. It's also entirely possible that someone you mutually know hinted that you were into her romantically and she may have freaked out.
    Yes she is single, she is also older than me.
    its a possibility someone may have said soemthing but I doubt it, although she may have overheard I don't know. Why would she freak out? Because she doesn't like me?

ReputationRep:
    Yes she is single, she is also older than me.
    its a possibility someone may have said soemthing but I doubt it, although she may have overheard I don't know. Why would she freak out? Because she doesn't like me?
    If she hadn't thought about you together, it might be strange to suddenly be considering that you're thinking about her in that way. It might be worth just asking if everything's okay in a message at some point (since she's shy, face-to-face might be a waste of time). Really it's all just speculation until she tells you what's up.

If she denies all charges then go from there, but hopefully she'll give you a clue.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.