Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied for computer science at Durham and York. After being rejected by oxford, I was wondering how do durham and york compare?

League Tables currently show that Durham is better in 4th, but durham has been inconsistent in its ranking for computer science over the past 5 years, and york has a new computer science department.

Has anyone any experience at either of these doing computer science and how do they like it or find it?

ReputationRep:
    Both are very good places. I've heard more things about York's but Durham's looked pretty good. Out of interest why didn't you apply for the usual ones (Imperial, Bristol, UCL)?

ReputationRep:
    I got told that durhams department was very underfunded, therefore I'll be choosing warwick personally

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TVIO)
    Both are very good places. I've heard more things about York's but Durham's looked pretty good. Out of interest why didn't you apply for the usual ones (Imperial, Bristol, UCL)?
    I didn't want to go further south (other than oxford) but on reflection that was probably not a good idea to go with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RThornton)
    I didn't want to go further south (other than oxford) but on reflection that was probably not a good idea to go with
    Fair enough, I didn't apply for anything north of Birmingham but my favourite choices were down here anyway.(Cam,Imp,UCL)

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.