Turn on thread page Beta

Lets see how quick some of you's are!?!?! watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay to some people this might seem stupid and maybe heard of it before so if you have leave it for people that haven't ok. Here it goes.....

What gets bigger the more you take away from it????? :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------

What gets bigger the more you add to it???
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    a hole, easy

ReputationRep:
    But you don't actually take away from the hole. You take away from whatever the hole is in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clara)
    a hole, easy
    lol Grrrrr........i feel silly coz when i was pissed at the weekend i got asked that and it took me a wee while to click!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    But you don't actually take away from the hole. You take away from whatever the hole is in.
    hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hehe
    Its true, and its why i've never got that riddle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    :rolleyes:
    lol no i wasn't meaning that!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Its true, and its why i've never got that riddle.
    Dont worry i was right there with ya, took me a while to!

ReputationRep:

-----------------------------------------------------------

a number?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry i was right there with ya, took me a while to!
    No. I understand why people would say hole, but it isn't a correct answer.

ReputationRep:
    No. I understand why people would say hole, but it isn't a correct answer.
    I dont know how you work that one out?!!!
    If you add to a hole then it increases and if you take away from a hole it increases, unless ur gonna be fussy about little details then that is the correct answer.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know how you work that one out?!!!
    If you add to a hole then it increases and if you take away from a hole it increases, unless ur gonna be fussy about little details then that is the correct answer.
    If you add to the hole itself, it decreases. You can't take away from the hole itself, because its nothing there to take away from. You can take away from whatever the hole is in, but then you aren't taking away from the hole.
    Its not a detail, its fact.

ReputationRep:
    If you add to the hole itself, it decreases. You can't take away from the hole itself, because its nothing there to take away from. You can take away from whatever the hole is in, but then you aren't taking away from the hole.
    Its not a detail, its fact.
    I dont think you have a very good imagination coz the question wasn't based on fact but more theory! You are gonna have to open your mind to suggestion at some point! I aint gonna bother debating coz there's no point. So im just gonna agree to disagree.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think you have a very good imagination coz the question wasn't based on fact but more theory! You are gonna have to open your mind to suggestion at some point! I aint gonna bother debating coz there's no point. So im just gonna agree to disagree.
    The question isn't about imagination, or fact or theory. Its about interpretation i suppose. I interpret that a hole is a hole, and it has to be in something. The only way to make the hole bigger is to change what the hole is in, by removing it in this case.
    I know it doesn't matter, but that means that it does, because its something trivial that needs to be set straight.

ReputationRep:
    The question isn't about imagination, or fact or theory. Its about interpretation i suppose. I interpret that a hole is a hole, and it has to be in something. The only way to make the hole bigger is to change what the hole is in, by removing it in this case.
    I know it doesn't matter, but that means that it does, because its something trivial that needs to be set straight.
    I guess it depends how you look at it lol, you got some mind i'll give ya that Talk to ya another time mate!

ReputationRep:
    I guess it depends how you look at it lol, you got some mind i'll give ya that Talk to ya another time mate!
    But do you look at the hole, or the lack of whatever surrounds it?
    But i suppose thats a different discussion

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what answer you're looking for barman but hole is definitely an answer to the riddle!.........try googling the riddle with quotation marks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musiq)
    I'm not sure what answer you're looking for barman but hole is definitely an answer to the riddle!.........try googling the riddle with quotation marks!!
    Hole cannot be the answer, as i already have explained.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing! Barman... do you do flaring?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.