Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone else hate being with people? watch

ReputationRep:
    I literally feel sick going to work. And feel a sense of relief coming home to my own thoughts and space especially now that I know it's the weekend. I feel like i can't speak up especially in big groups and i don't have the confidence to be free and relaxed. Anyone else the same?

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes get bouts of anxiety and I find it hard to speak within larger groups of people - I have no idea why, I guess I feel like I may be judged or say something 'wrong'. But as I have got older and more used to dealing with people i have realised that most people are more concerned with how they look/feel, rather than what others are doing.

Sorry to hear that you are feeling like this OP, where do you work?

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes do but this probably happens to everyone at some point, just don't give a toss.

ReputationRep:
    I do, but I think I'm coming to the point where I just can't be arsed to be uncomfortable about it anymore. Like gorging on a particular sweet until you are permanently disgusted by it, social anxiety and the schizoid lifestyle it can cause destroys itself by causing the person to become tired of it more than they are anxious of the alternative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    I do, but I think I'm coming to the point where I just can't be arsed to be uncomfortable about it anymore. Like gorging on a particular sweet until you are permanently disgusted by it, social anxiety and the schizoid lifestyle it can cause destroys itself by causing the person to become tired of it more than they are anxious of the alternative.
    well that, or they just withdraw from society and leave the house as little as possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamintorture)
    I literally feel sick going to work. And feel a sense of relief coming home to my own thoughts and space especially now that I know it's the weekend. I feel like i can't speak up especially in big groups and i don't have the confidence to be free and relaxed. Anyone else the same?
    Funnily enough, today I was reflecting on how the satisfaction and tranquil emotions I experience tends to be when I am alone. Im trying to figure out whether its a bad thing- but loneliness is what makes it feel negative.

Glad I'm not the only one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    Hope this happens to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white boy)
    well that, or they just withdraw from society and leave the house as little as possible
    If they're happy with that I see no issue, but for those who aren't truly satisfied by the lifestyle there comes a point where the anxiety of interacting with others is less than the unhappiness of withdrawing.

ReputationRep:
    Well I prefer being with people then on my own, they have to be the "right" people though.

ReputationRep:
    no I love people. they r insane ha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamintorture)
    Yeah, I feel the same most of the time but I try not to hate people for it.

Depends on my mood though.

ReputationRep:
    People in general make me nervous. I avoid being with people when I can, I don't know if I hate them.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I enjoy being with people and other times I can't stand them. I don't understand it. I'm one of those people who's totally calm and trying to organise everyone in a crisis but when I've got nothing to do and I'm bored, the slightest little thing that no-one else would even notice can drive me apoplectic. People tend to say I'm a nice guy who's occasionally just difficult to get along with!

ReputationRep:
    Given that TSR is more or less a means of being with people without actually having to be with people, I think you've come to the right place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Given that TSR is more or less a means of being with people without actually having to be with people, I think you've come to the right place.
    it's what i like about it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's a tough one. I personally love my own company, so I try to rationalise my reclusion like that. But, yeah, sometimes I hate having to spend time with people rather than just sitting by myself.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone

ReputationRep:
    The way I see it is whenever you're with other people you have to think of crap to say to keep a boring conversation going, you have to put on a fake laugh to laugh at crap jokes, you have to listen to some annoying pleb ranting on, etc.

I hate being with other people, many people just don't understand this and will try and engage a conversation with me and it pisses me off, some people just want to be left alone. If it was up to me I'd never say a word to anyone in a day forever and I'd be more than happy. People don't even have to do anything to provoke me, they just have to interact with me and I'll feel like physically attacking them.

But that's just me and there's many people who are more...'outgoing' and like to socialize with other people.

ReputationRep:
    I hate being around annoying people who talk too much or ask too many questions :erm: With the other part I'm just fine

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.