The Student Room Group

Work Experience

Hi, I hope to apply for veterinary nursing in September for 2016 entry and was wondering if anyone had any work experience suggestions, particularly in Birmingham?
Also, is it any better doing a joint Bsc degree in something like veterinary nursing and practice management, or veterinary nursing and bioscience?
Reply 1
Hi, I have just applied to do vet nursing and biosciences at harper, Bristol, Edinburgh, Lincoln and Aberystwyth.

re work experience, pull up yell or do a google search for local veterinary practices, kennels, catterys, and riding schools. having a variety of work experiences gives you things to talk about and you are more likely to get work experience when they see you have done some before.

good luck finding work experience and when you apply
Original post by rmullan97
Hi, I hope to apply for veterinary nursing in September for 2016 entry and was wondering if anyone had any work experience suggestions, particularly in Birmingham?
Also, is it any better doing a joint Bsc degree in something like veterinary nursing and practice management, or veterinary nursing and bioscience?

Look up 'RCVS find a vet' to find local vet practises.

A join degree might offer you more options after you graduate but I don't know personally.
Reply 3
Are any of you guys applying for vet nursing mature students?
Reply 4
Whereabouts in Birmingham are you and what kind of placements are you looking for?

I'm in Sutton Coldfield and done quite a few placements so PM if I can help
Reply 5
Original post by lwescott
Whereabouts in Birmingham are you and what kind of placements are you looking for?

I'm in Sutton Coldfield and done quite a few placements so PM if I can help

Hi, sorry for the late reply but anywhere in Birmingham really, so would be great for some ideas!
Reply 6
PMd you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest