Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just wondered what people make of this and if they have any advice. I've been at Uni for about six months and am enjoying it. But I am really shy around girls, I'm fine talking to them and making friends. Its just the next step I have never kissed a girl or made a move or slept with a girl. Theirs been situations in a club where girls have tried to kiss me and I have backed off. Has anyone got any advice or anything. Plus how should you approach a girl at a club?

ReputationRep:
    If you're shy, clubs are not your thing. Besides, uni should be about your studies, not getting a hookup. (One way to overcome your shyness is to get into social situations whenever possible)

ReputationRep:
    Firstly don't put girls on a pedestal. Just from the threads on here you're not the only guy or girl that deals with these issues so likelihood is there's a few other people in the club feeling the same way.

Secondly don't feel bad about your lack of experience because there's plenty of time to do these things.

Chill

ReputationRep:
    next time in a club if a girls tries kissing you, go for it. you might like it and things could go from there.
    you have to gain experience from somewhere

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused. Do you want to kiss random girls in a club? Because if it's random, you just have to dive in head first... god knows why you would want to though :P I wouldn't kiss anyone I'd just met on the dancefloor.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.