Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Saw a lot of people here are looking forward to The Witcher 3. The requirements were recent'y released, will you be upgrading or are you good? They are some pretty heft minimum requirements, and I often personally find even having minimum requirements means games don't perform well enough.

Minimum System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
    AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
    Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
    AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
    RAM 6GB
    OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
    DirectX 11
    HDD Space 40 GB

Recommended System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
    AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
    Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
    AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
    RAM 8GB
    OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
    DirectX 11
    HDD Space 40 GB

ReputationRep:
    No problems for me, though I'm not in the slightest bit interested in the game.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a bit excessive, though not a problem for me. I'm wondering if this is because the devs have a slightly different interpretation of minimum, it's happened quite a lot before with other publishers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    No problems for me, though I'm not in the slightest bit interested in the game.
    I wasn't really on the hype train, as I hadn't played a Witcher game before, but I recently upgraded and decided to play the 2nd, and now I can't wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    Sounds a bit excessive, though not a problem for me. I'm wondering if this is because the devs have a slightly different interpretation of minimum, it's happened quite a lot before with other publishers.
    To me, minimum requirements should be so it is playable on low, at a reasonable frame rate. My previous system was quite a bit ahead of the Witcher 2's minimum requirements, but I couldn't play it for ****.

ReputationRep:
    Not that high. My 970 and 4790K are hungry for this game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marco14196)
    Not that high. My 970 and 4790K are hungry for this game
    I also have a 970, I'm just curious what it will actually get me from the game, I'd like to know what settings the recommended spec's are actually for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supertoaster)
    I also have a 970, I'm just curious what it will actually get me from the game, I'd like to know what settings the recommended spec's are actually for.
    Theyre for a 770 so we're fine pretty much.

ReputationRep:
    This is to much I have R9 280x and AMD FX 8350 so I can play but I don't meet the recommended specs:mad:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Supertoaster)
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's a "playable" experience at 1080p near maxed

For the record, comfortably ready for it

ReputationRep:
    My humble little 660 hasn't needed me to reduce the graphics settings on any game lower than High, so it wil be interesting to see what TW3 gets out of it as the minimum recommended card! I'm still a while away from feeling the need to upgrade though, unless a ton of new games I want to play come out require me to drop the graphics to Med-Low in which case I'll switch out for a 970.

ReputationRep:
    Very excited for this game! :ahee: Will probably procrastinate after my exams by replaying #1 and #2. As far as specs go, I'm past the recommended so no worries there. (Might need an additional hard drive at this rate, however..)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.