Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever had a day where you just say ''hello'' to a flatmate and then
    stay in your room all day? Is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    I don't have flatmates, I commute to uni.
    (Though it would be nice to live with people other than my family)

ReputationRep:
    Usually yes. I do have days where I'm really hungover but then I make sure to spend ages complaining to them about it :lol: We also usually eat dinner together and if not then I really do expect to see them all at some point. Once on the girls I live with went home for like 2 days and after not seeing her for like a day and a half and her not replying to our texts instantly we were considering breaking her door down to see if she'd died

ReputationRep:
    We usually have dinner (or at least cook dinner) together so we all say hello at least once a day. However if you miss dinner there is a high chance that you may not see everyone that day because we all have breakfast and different times and barely anyone is around at lunchtime.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i see one of them most days but the other 3 i can go weeks without seeing :P we just have different friendship groups really and most of them don't really cook so they don't spend a lot of time in the kitchen

ReputationRep:
    I was on the same course as one of the girls, so we went to lectures together every day - but after lectures I always went to study for a bit (all of our lectures were first thing and were over by 10.30 so I could get studying out of the way while most of my friends were still asleep lol) and then we'd all find each other early evening in the kitchen for dinner, then whatever we did at night. We all got on very well - we were lucky, as I know a lot of people who had nightmares with their flatmates.

ReputationRep:
    We spend as much of our day as possible together. If I was try and spend the day in my room, my flatmates would be in my room within an hour to see what's wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I speak to them on a regular enough basis, and they're a nice bunch, but they're not my closest friends and I don't really spend much time in my flat apart from to sleep and cook. However, I talk to and meet up with my course mates all the time as they're good friends (and I'm living with six of them in September!).
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    Yes :yep: . This behaviour has continued far beyond first year! :lol: .

ReputationRep:
    I use to speak to them everyday yes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.