Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate football summer transfer rumour thread. watch

ReputationRep:
    I've had arguments with Spurs fans before, and they always bring up "what a big club" they are. To which I respond... "why"?
    The consequent struggle for answers is usually quite entertaining.

ReputationRep:
    Cole, Crespo head Chelsea end-of-season sale
    May 10, 2004

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich will perform a massive clear-out of his star-studded squad at the end of the season.
    New manager Jose Mourinho will be consulted about the changes, but its understood several big names are already being earmarked for the summer transfer market.

The Mail on Sunday says Joe Cole, Hernan Crespo and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink head the list of players to be shown the exit door.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    I've had arguments with Spurs fans before, and they always bring up "what a big club" they are. To which I respond... "why"?
    We were the first team to win the Fairs Cup and the first team to win the double in the modern era. Although these things were obviously both a long time ago they have still cemented our name in history and give us a prestige that few teams can match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    We were the first team to win the Fairs Cup and the first team to win the double in the modern era. Although these things were obviously both a long time ago they have still cemented our name in history and give us a prestige that few teams can match.
    I wouldn't say that Spurs were a very prestigious club - I think that's something only Spurs fans believe nowdays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I wouldn't say that Spurs were a very prestigious club - I think that's something only Spurs fans believe nowdays.
    And foreigners

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    It's the same with Man City. Although I still like them due to their hatred of Man Utd, and you've got to love Kevin Keegan

ReputationRep:
    And foreigners
    Jews and Germans, maybe.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to say this once and once only:

STEVIE GERRARD IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

Not Arsenal, not Chelsea, and definately not Man Utd. He's Liverpool through and through and won't leave us. I won't let him!

ReputationRep:
    Del Horno snubbed Chelsea and Man Utd. Shame, he was impressive against Real Madrid, scored two. He's Athletic Bilbao's left-back, being dubbed the next Roberto Carlos. We need a left-back here...

ReputationRep:
    Erm... no. I think quantity is a better indicator. You have only won the league twice, and you have never won the European Cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I am going to say this once and once only:

STEVIE GERRARD IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

Not Arsenal, not Chelsea, and definately not Man Utd. He's Liverpool through and through and won't leave us. I won't let him!
    You would hope so, but unless Liverpool turn things around soon, i can't seem him staying for more than a couple of seasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    Cole, Crespo head Chelsea end-of-season sale
    May 10, 2004

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich will perform a massive clear-out of his star-studded squad at the end of the season.
    New manager Jose Mourinho will be consulted about the changes, but its understood several big names are already being earmarked for the summer transfer market.

The Mail on Sunday says Joe Cole, Hernan Crespo and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink head the list of players to be shown the exit door.
    So chelsea sell good players on the cheap, which is great for high mid table clubs, possibly UEFA cup qualifiers and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    So chelsea sell good players on the cheap, which is great for high mid table clubs, possibly UEFA cup qualifiers and stuff.
    Mourinho: "I won't work with big squads - I like small squads'', there will be a big summer sell out this summer.

and dickov has moved to blackburn...yawn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    Mourinho: "I won't work with big squads - I like small squads'', there will be a big summer sell out this summer.

and dickov has moved to blackburn...yawn
    go on, sell dooff to man u, we need him!!

ReputationRep:
    Back on to the Spurs debate about having an experienced player alongside Ledley King I keep hearing that Spurs have been linked with a 2.5m move for Middlesborough Gareth Southgate, there we have an experienced player. But come on Spurs you have just released Anderton, Poyet and Ziege for the eason that you want to build a youth squad and get rid of some of the oldies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stu_uk_aussie)
    Back on to the Spurs debate about having an experienced player alongside Ledley King I keep hearing that Spurs have been linked with a 2.5m move for Middlesborough Gareth Southgate, there we have an experienced player. But come on Spurs you have just released Anderton, Poyet and Ziege for the eason that you want to build a youth squad and get rid of some of the oldies.
    This was a little while ago, I don't think it's been that consistent. However, I personally would welcome it. I don't think King will ever completely fulfil his potential without an experienced defender alongside him.

On another note, Villa have pulled out of the race to sign Van Bommel, because, after failing to qualify for Europe, they can't afford him. Spurs can afford him but however tentative. New Director of Sport Frank Arnesen is worried that his poor injury record would make the signing far from worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    go on, sell dooff to man u, we need him!!
    No, Giggs is still one of the best left wingers in the game, so we certainly do not need dooff!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.