Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I like a girl and I do talk to her when I get the chance, since I have been talking to her its just a normal conversation, and I dont really see much interest on her behalf.

She's really nice and down to earth, my friend also mentioned that I liked her she said she didnt know. But she still comes up to both of us so she dosent find it awkward talking to me despite my friend telling her I like her. But like I said its just a normal conversation.

Personally Im not seeing much interest on her behalf just a 'friend', I did ask her for her snapchat but she didnt give it she got shy when I asked her. I was just thinking that I should ask her out to make sure, at least then I'll know my answer. However if im not seeing interest on her behalf so whats the point of asking her out.

I will however still talk to her about assignments. Obviously if something happens then i'll ask her out but like I said, I dont see interest on her behalf.

So what do you think, should I just leave asking her out ?

ReputationRep:
    Just do it because at the end of the day you regret the things you didnt do more than the things you did. And if you're not close friends then there's nothing to ruin so might as well. If she says no it might be a but awkward but it'll pass over
    Time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do it!!! Trust me you'll only be kicking yourself for not taking the chance. Who knows she might say yes and if not then you'll probably still stay friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I like a girl and I do talk to her when I get the chance, since I have been talking to her its just a normal conversation, and I dont really see much interest on her behalf.
    Does she know you're a lesbian? If not you would be risking your friendship. I know you say your friend told her you liked her but you would need to know for definite before asking imo.

(Original post by xylas)
    Does she know you're a lesbian? If not you would be risking your friendship. I know you say your friend told her you liked her but you would need to know for definite before asking imo.
    Im a guy hetrosexual, what would I need to know for definate ?

(Original post by fatherdougal)
    Do it!!! Trust me you'll only be kicking yourself for not taking the chance. Who knows she might say yes and if not then you'll probably still stay friends
    But whats the point if she's not showing interest ? Surely if she liked me she would make the effort to talk to me.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    Sometimes when you don't get anything more than friends, it's time to move on :sigh:

Hope it goes well anyway, either way

ReputationRep:
    Im a guy hetrosexual, what would I need to know for definate ?
    My mistake ignore my previous post. My advice is go for it. Don't wait for her to see you in any other way than the way you want. Just be confident and ask her but always try to show you for yourself.

(Original post by xylas)
    My mistake ignore my previous post. My advice is go for it. Don't wait for her to see you in any other way than the way you want. Just be confident and ask her but always try to show you for yourself.
    lol. But if shes not showing interest whats the point ? If she dosent show interest, I cant do anything thats why I thought I should just leave it. But still talk to her. Tbh I feel myself drifting away from her due to her not showing interest.

(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    Sometimes when you don't get anything more than friends, it's time to move on :sigh:

Hope it goes well anyway, either way
    But whats the point if she's not showing interest ? Surely if she liked me she would make the effort to talk to me.

I dont actually feel bad about thinking I wont go out with her, but the fact that she's mature enough to still talk as course buddies its fine with me.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad

I dont actually feel bad about thinking I wont go out with her, but the fact that she's mature enough to still talk as course buddies its fine with me.
    Exactly, no matter how strongly you feel about someone, if they don't reciprocate, there is nothing you can do but move on and try and not let it hurt too much.

If she doesn't want to be anything more than friends, then of course it's best to stay friends. I hope that you do end up staying friends anyway, that's always the better option than nothing at all.

ReputationRep:
    lol. But if shes not showing interest whats the point ? If she dosent show interest, I cant do anything thats why I thought I should just leave it. But still talk to her. Tbh I feel myself drifting away from her due to her not showing interest.
    Just make it simple for yourself. You either want her or you don't. If you do, which is very likely considering you made a thread about it, then there's nothing to lose by doing it. The only thing that could be on your mind is "will I be able to forgive myself if I screw it up" but there's an easy fix for that: be yourself

(Original post by xylas)
    Just make it simple for yourself. You either want her or you don't. If you do, which is very likely considering you made a thread about it, then there's nothing to lose by doing it. The only thing that could be on your mind is "will I be able to forgive myself if I screw it up" but there's an easy fix for that: be yourself
    Its not about screwing up, its just the fact that I have realised that its one sided, if she would talk/flirt with me I would. But at this moment in time its nothing like that, ive spoken to her enough now to realise theres no 'chemistry'. Thats my main reason.

ReputationRep:
    Its not about screwing up, its just the fact that I have realised that its one sided, if she would talk/flirt with me I would. But at this moment in time its nothing like that, ive spoken to her enough now to realise theres no 'chemistry'. Thats my main reason.
    Cool nice and simple you don't want her anymore. Be happy and move on with your life

(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    Exactly, no matter how strongly you feel about someone, if they don't reciprocate, there is nothing you can do but move on and try and not let it hurt too much.

If she doesn't want to be anything more than friends, then of course it's best to stay friends. I hope that you do end up staying friends anyway, that's always the better option than nothing at all.
    Yeah exactly, asking her out wouldnt seem the best move due to fact theres not much 'chemistry' between us. Tbh I feel myself drifting apart because shes not interested. Funny how that works lol. People can be obsessive over crushes and im like if your not showing interest im not going after you.

(Original post by xylas)
    Cool nice and simple you don't want her anymore. Be happy and move on with your life
    WOW ! I actually cant believe, the only reason I dont want her is because she's not showing interest on her behalf. But yeah i'll just talk to her about the work, tbh shes really nice I hope she finds someone nice too. Lets just see where this friendship will go lol.

Thanks for your advice on the thread x

ReputationRep:
    WOW ! I actually cant believe, the only reason I dont want her is because she's not showing interest on her behalf. But yeah i'll just talk to her about the work, tbh shes really nice I hope she finds someone nice too. Lets just see where this friendship will go lol.

Thanks for your advice on the thread x
    Lol thanks a lot bro I'm just a guy like any other who tried all these years to learn from his experiences and those around me . I hope everything goes well for you and just for the record, I don't go for girls who don't show interest either: to me it is a massive turn-off.

ReputationRep:
    The piece of mind you get from knowing where you stand with her is far better then constantly worrying and overthinking the situation. If you don't want to make a move then just move on but I'd rather know then move from there.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.