Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Having recently moved to a new school, I've selected Performing Arts as one of my options. I haven't had any experience in the subject before, so I'm a bit stuck with this piece of coursework that must be completed by Monday.

Unfortunately, I don't know which examination board it is (though the syllabus seems similar to the one offered by AQA), but my coursework requires filling in a 17 skills sheet. I've completed the majority of it, but I'm struggling with the following:

• Music Technology
    • DJing
    • Lighting
    • Sound
    • Stage Management
    • Front of House
    • Marketing and Publicity

I mostly need to fill in a box in which I'm supposed to describe where I've seen these skills used, but my mind goes blank when considering which examples I could use. I also have to fill in a box regarding the roles and responsibilities in the skill.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

front of house would be welcoming the audience and you book your tickets with the front of house- they are like drama secretary
    Marketing and publicity would be posters and how you publish the event and let people know about it
    stage management is working backstage moving set and making sure everything runs smoothly
    lighting and sound are controlled from a sound desk usually at the back of the space and that is where you control lights and sound needing used e.g. spotlight music between scenes
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.