Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm an in year 12 ( year 11 in England) and I am currently doing the last year of my GCSEs. I am given the option to repeat modules I sat last year. The exam board is ccea. I want to repeat biology which is in febauary and geography which is next May. I just have a couple of questions which are does it cost much and when I get my results back does it say that one of the modules are repeated or could an employer or the university That I might apply to find out and do people look down on repeats? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaramccolgan)
    I'm an in year 12 ( year 11 in England) and I am currently doing the last year of my GCSEs. I am given the option to repeat modules I sat last year. The exam board is ccea. I want to repeat biology which is in febauary and geography which is next May. I just have a couple of questions which are does it cost much and when I get my results back does it say that one of the modules are repeated or could an employer or the university That I might apply to find out and do people look down on repeats? Thanks
    Taking a guess you're NI? and on CCEA? I resat B1 from DA in November and got my result yesterday but the price was something like £8.50 and for that I got a grade higher than I did previously I personally have no clue on whether unis or employers can see repeats but I doubt it, only A Level repeats from my knowledge can be seen by employers and unis.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm in Ni and if you don't mind me asking how many marks did you go up and did you find the repeat harder or easier and did many people go up or did they roughly stay the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaramccolgan)
    Yeah I'm in Ni and if you don't mind me asking how many marks did you go up and did you find the repeat harder or easier and did many people go up or did they roughly stay the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I went up from 50/66 (high B) to 56/66 (mid-high A). I personally found the repeat easier not the fact that I had less to revise as in less subjects but because the actual paper was easier imo. But I'll take a guess of around 50% actually improved, others stayed on their first mark or just scored lower.

ReputationRep:
    last year i missed maths by two marks(higher), this year I resat maths in november and ended up with full marks in the foundation paper.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.