The Student Room Group

Failed my English GCSE mock

took my mock exams before christmas and recently got the results back, i got a D in the first english paper and an E in the second. i am predicted a B and i am in the highest set in my year. time managment is not the problem, although i struggle to write a lot. i am very to-the-point and like to keep things simple, my teacher says i have the knowledge and am capable of an A/B, i just dont know how to write more than i feel i need to?? it feels like im dragging it on so i normally write about 1 page or less for each question! help!
Original post by rustytap
took my mock exams before christmas and recently got the results back, i got a D in the first english paper and an E in the second. i am predicted a B and i am in the highest set in my year. time managment is not the problem, although i struggle to write a lot. i am very to-the-point and like to keep things simple, my teacher says i have the knowledge and am capable of an A/B, i just dont know how to write more than i feel i need to?? it feels like im dragging it on so i normally write about 1 page or less for each question! help!

You should watch Mr Bruff on youtube.

My situation was kind of similar last year with regards to the teacher tell me that i have the ideas. Anyway practice makes perfect and the only way you could get better is by doing past papers over and over again.
Winners are too busy to be sad,
too positive to be doubtful,
too optimistic to be fearful,
and too determined to be defeated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending