Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I get a tattoo or not? watch

Announcements

http://postimg.org/image/c2a0ldvah/

Basically I have been weight training for a year and have always wanted to get a sleeve tattoo. Also, a tattoo of my mum's birthday in roman numerals on my forearm. I don't know if it would suit me? I like the whole bodybuilder look and it is what I am building towards (more fitness model bodybuilder type).

Didn't know what forum section to put this on, but wanted it anon.

ReputationRep:
    If you want a tattoo go for it. It's your body and only you can decide.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, your physique doesn't have to be ripped to get a tattoo. Yours is pretty awesome though.
    In my opinion most guys look better with tattoos. Some girls too, i've got a few.
    Just don't get some generic ****, get stuff that actually means something to you. If you're unsure, just get the first part small, you don't do a sleeve in one go anyway. And prepare yourself for pain on your inner arm, that bit hurts like a *****.

(Original post by Precious Illusions)
    If you want a tattoo go for it. It's your body and only you can decide.
    Does it hurt? (no poof). I am just going to get the roman numeral tattoo first as a tester. I don't want to get burns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does it hurt? (no poof). I am just going to get the roman numeral tattoo first as a tester. I don't want to get burns.
    I don't have any so can't say :lol: I have heard it's more of a...scratching sensation though from friends? Also depends where you have it done too, ie certain body parts are more painful to tattoo

ReputationRep:
    There are going to be plenty of TSR'ians that will completely **** the idea off but personally, if you want to, I say go for it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit of wimp and I found that at first it did hurt. And like she said, it kind of is like a weird scratching feeling. Like there's something pointy digging into your skin, which there is haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by beaverhausen)
    I'm a bit of wimp and I found that at first it did hurt. And like she said, it kind of is like a weird scratching feeling. Like there's something pointy digging into your skin, which there is haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully it does not cut too deep into the arm, I am generally quite tolerant to pain but hate that feeling when you scrape your knees/elbows on the pavement for example.

Like the Mojo jojo btw. One of my favourites.

ReputationRep:
    http://postimg.org/image/c2a0ldvah/

Basically I have been weight training for a year and have always wanted to get a sleeve tattoo. Also, a tattoo of my mum's birthday in roman numerals on my forearm. I don't know if it would suit me? I like the whole bodybuilder look and it is what I am building towards (more fitness model bodybuilder type).

Didn't know what forum section to put this on, but wanted it anon.
    Mate. you work hard for your body; why ruining it with ink?

ReputationRep:
    It's totally up to you. It's a personal decision. Make sure you think your decision through for a while and make sure the tattoo is personal to you. Trust me, it's not very nice having a tattoo that you regret.

ReputationRep:
    Are you wanting to compete in bodybuilding competitions? I've heard tattoos can affect your chances in that. Not sure if it's true but worth looking into if that is something you're aiming towards.

ReputationRep:
    Right kind of sleeve will compliment a built arm I say go for it, see what the competition rules are then if it's a yes then bobs your uncle mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully it does not cut too deep into the arm, I am generally quite tolerant to pain but hate that feeling when you scrape your knees/elbows on the pavement for example.

Like the Mojo jojo btw. One of my favourites.
    Nah I don't think it does cut that deep, I don't know the ins and outs of it that was just how it felt to me and I assume that's how they got the ink into my skin.

And thanks haha ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No..stay clean.

ReputationRep:
    Tattoos are for regimental insignia, aboriginals and the underclass, the last of which have no respect for their bodies, hense the tramp stamp

ReputationRep:
    Get a tattoo when you have reached your goal body, because they will stretch with training. It's your body. Humans have been tattooing for ages, it's tribal human nature.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.