Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've applied for university for this September and been given an unconditional offer for my course. I'm going to be 20 in September and have been out of education for two years and working full time, but I did actually apply for university before I got offered a job over that summer.

I applied for my student finance and got right up to the part of sending the declaration off, so I received no payments from student finance and did not attend the uni course.

Now, my problem is that when I log into my student finance account and try to sign up for my finance and start a new application it says that I've already started my course at Leeds Met (where I applied to two years ago.) Surely the university would have contacted SF and told them that I had not enrolled on the degree course?

What is my course of action, is the only way to get in touch with SF and have them change my account or can I do it on the website somewhere?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewfx)
    So I've applied for university for this September and been given an unconditional offer for my course. I'm going to be 20 in September and have been out of education for two years and working full time, but I did actually apply for university before I got offered a job over that summer.

I applied for my student finance and got right up to the part of sending the declaration off, so I received no payments from student finance and did not attend the uni course.

Now, my problem is that when I log into my student finance account and try to sign up for my finance and start a new application it says that I've already started my course at Leeds Met (where I applied to two years ago.) Surely the university would have contacted SF and told them that I had not enrolled on the degree course?

What is my course of action, is the only way to get in touch with SF and have them change my account or can I do it on the website somewhere?

Thanks.
    No, its up to you to tell student finance. After all your the only one who knows that you definitley aren't turning up and haven't just missed registration for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, but that offered me absolutely no advice whatsoever.

If I contact SFE and make them aware that I didn't attend the course will I still get the full funding? As in the payment details it says 'progressing' on them all, including tuition fees, so the payments never actually went through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewfx)
    Okay, but that offered me absolutely no advice whatsoever.

If I contact SFE and make them aware that I didn't attend the course will I still get the full funding? As in the payment details it says 'progressing' on them all, including tuition fees, so the payments never actually went through.
    As long as you didn't register on the course you would not have used up any years funding. You would need to call them and get the other application cancelled I'm assuming and then apply as normal when the student finance applications for next year open.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.