Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I like the little things in life that make me happy enough to smile.

I was going to shop the other day and this 10 year old boy opened the door for me. I thanked him and he told me I was welcome.

Now I don't know about different areas, but it's rare that I get to see people with manners these days.

It really made me smile to see that there is still some goodness in humanity.

What makes you happy and smiley?

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad you're happy cos I certainly am not.

ReputationRep:
    When I read the first sentence of your post I was expecting to be inspired and motivated to be a little kinder but then you took a complete U turn with your boring and uninteresting story. I was expecting MORE.

Someone opened a door for you. Let's make a big song and dance about it.

I could think of three examples of the top of my head of much more interesting and readable examples of small gestures of kindness that make this miserable and at times vile world a better place.

1.. Take a minute to direct someone who is lost, even though you're rushing.

2. Offer to pick up groceries for an elderly neighbor, especially in extreme weather.

3. Give a homeless person your doggie bag.

Have a little imagination.

ReputationRep:
    when you meet people via online and they don't kill you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RussianReversal)
    Why? What has caused you to become all menstrual?
    Lol the fact that you used that word has cheered me up for reasons best known to myself. I don't know I just feel lonely, I get like this sometimes. I get over it eventually, just one of those days. Thanks for being concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master Jack)
    When I read the first sentence of your post I was expecting to be inspired and motivated to be a little kinder but then you took a complete U turn with your boring and uninteresting story. I was expecting MORE.

Someone opened a door for you. Let's make a big song and dance about it.

I could think of three examples of the top of my head of much more interesting and readable examples of small gestures of kindness that make this miserable and at times vile world a better place.

1.. Take a minute to direct someone who is lost, even though you're rushing.

2. Offer to pick up groceries for an elderly neighbor, especially in extreme weather.

3. Give a homeless person your doggie bag.

Have a little imagination.
    lmao jack mate, that's the good thing about a thread. you can say any of those 3 examples yourself and ENRICH the thread. the OP is just the jumping off point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissLalaxx)
    Lol the fact that you used that word has cheered me up for reasons best known to myself. I don't know I just feel lonely, I get like this sometimes. I get over it eventually, just one of those days. Thanks for being concerned.
    :hugs: smile, m'lady!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    :hugs: smile, m'lady!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white boy)
    lmao jack mate, that's the good thing about a thread. you can say any of those 3 examples yourself and ENRICH the thread. the OP is just the jumping off point.
    Well yeah but the OP is the first post you read and it sets the tone.

Can you honestly say that the OP's story is inspiring?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by MorraFoinix)
    I like the little things in life that make me happy enough to smile.

I was going to shop the other day and this 10 year old boy opened the door for me. I thanked him and he told me I was welcome.

Now I don't know about different areas, but it's rare that I get to see people with manners these days.

It really made me smile to see that there is still some goodness in humanity.
    That's amazing.

What makes you happy and smiley?
    Lots of weird little things make me very happy. The best is when I need to be up early the next day and I wake up all tired, thinking that it must always be time to get up. Then I look at the time and notice that I have another 3 or 4 hours to sleep. :coma:

And I love it when people smile at me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RussianReversal)
    Go on YouTube, type in Paradise Awaits Killer Tracks. It is music so beautiful it will drive away any depression.
    I'm listening to it right now. Thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.