x Turn on thread page Beta

What's the colour of success? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    White

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dead sheep eater)
    White
    Call me racist or whatever but this was exactly my initial thought too. Mainly because all the white people seem to hold all the cards in today's society. They run the news, the banks, the police - the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master Jack)
    Call me racist or whatever but this was exactly my initial thought too. Mainly because all the white people seem to hold all the cards in today's society. They run the news, the banks, the police - the country.

It's a stupid interview question, I just thought it would be amusing and would inform others how not to answer it

ReputationRep:
    the colour of success is "clear"
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Dark blue.

ReputationRep:
    What a f***ing stupid question to ask. What kind of individual are you?

ReputationRep:
    The complementary color of failure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's a stupid interview question, I just thought it would be amusing and would inform others how not to answer it
    :eek: Were you asked this question in an interview?

ReputationRep:

Really an interview question? I remember another stupid one that they asked me on my medical school interview "If you were to pick a fruit which one would you be and why?" I nervously picked an apple and went on a long winded tangent about how it's versatile because it can be baked, juiced or eaten raw. Cringe worthy now that I think back but it's definitely a cheesy question no right or wrong answer.

I think this question is similar they just want you to link it back to the skills and show you can articulate your points.

For your question I'd pick either yellow blue or green. Definitely stay away from red and orange.

Yellow is uplifting and illuminating

blue it's calming and all about balance and working together

Green it's the obvious one because it's the colour of the go-ahead on a traffic light it's all about being positive. Also nature is green. Green is good. yada yada

ReputationRep:
    Who's first thought was gold?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sytner9)
    What a f***ing stupid question to ask. What kind of individual are you?
    Not my question...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Blade)
    The complementary color of failure

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Colour of failure?
    Muddy dull grey-brown. I was thinking grey but grey is mute, emotionless.

Brown itself is too vague, there are far too many shades of brown and it's too neutral, but muddy grey-brown makes me think of decay and ruin. Clouded skies raining on a field after a lost war.

I suppose it's more the colour of defeat in that case.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
    Colour of failure?
    Muddy dull grey-brown. I was thinking grey but grey is mute, emotionless.

Brown itself is too vague, there are far too many shades of brown and it's too neutral, but muddy grey-brown makes me think of decay and ruin. Clouded skies raining on a field after a lost war.

I suppose it's more the colour of defeat in that case.
    Interesting. Is colour psychology just hogwash or does it have any sound basis? I've noticed there are cultural variations, and really some are quite obvious (red blood, communism etc). Some make very little sense to me though.

ReputationRep:
    Black for failure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master Jack)
    I remember another stupid one that they asked me on my medical school interview "If you were to pick a fruit which one would you be and why?" I nervously picked an apple and went on a long winded tangent about how it's versatile because it can be baked, juiced or eaten raw.
    the interviewer was probably dared to ask that by his/her colleagues. they spent countless nights hitting blunts and laughing at ur response.

"i like to be an apple because it's versatile"

Spoiler:
    Show
    it's a ****ing apple man stop talking sh*t.

defo a trick question

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. Is colour psychology just hogwash or does it have any sound basis? I've noticed there are cultural variations, and really some are quite obvious (red blood, communism etc). Some make very little sense to me though.
    I think colour psychology has quite a few strong studies supporting it.

I mean think about your social networks, they're some shade of blue, and blue is a colour that keeps us awake (genetically programmed to wake up at daylight - blue skies ideally). Blue is also a colour that improves concentration.

Red is used at a lot of restaurants because it actually stimulates your appetite (red = blood maybe, I don't know I haven't read much into it). It's also the colour of alertness such as warning lights

Yellow apparently makes people leave, it's supposedly an irritating colour especially when there's a lot of it in the room. So fast food restaurants would want it to make people stay for a short time to free space for more people.

Green is supposed to be a relaxing colour, think lying in the grass, nature, plants. Although depending on the shade it could also mean sickness or toxicity or energy, that all depends on the situation.

I'm pretty certain colour psychology is a thing though, Nature has used colour to determine what's safe and what's dangerous or ways we react to environments. Culture certainly has played a part in what colours mean too as you've mentioned and it's just adding to the banks that nature has already put its own colours to.

ReputationRep:
    Black.

It's the colour of expensive suits and fancy tinted cars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoop_frog)
    the interviewer was probably dared to ask that by his/her colleagues. they spent countless nights hitting blunts and laughing at ur response.

"i like to be an apple because it's versatile"

Spoiler:
    Show
    it's a ****ing apple man stop talking sh*t.

defo a trick question
    If we're going versatile I'd say potato. Although it's not a fruit which is a shame, but in other languages a potato is known as an apple-of-the-earth (Aardappel - Dutch, Pomme de terre - French) so it counts somewhat?

But potatoes though, gosh. Chips, wedges, jacket potato, mashed potato, potato dumplings, roast potato, french fries, crisps, vodka, croquettes, hash browns, potato cakes, potato waffles, cottage pie.. I mean this is barely scratching the surface of potato potential.

I don't know man I'm getting emotional about potatoes now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
    If we're going versatile I'd say potato. Although it's not a fruit which is a shame, but in other languages a potato is known as an apple-of-the-earth (Aardappel - Dutch, Pomme de terre - French) so it counts somewhat?

But potatoes though, gosh. Chips, wedges, jacket potato, mashed potato, potato dumplings, roast potato, french fries, crisps, vodka, croquettes, hash browns, potato cakes, potato waffles, cottage pie.. I mean this is barely scratching the surface of potato potential.

I don't know man I'm getting emotional about potatoes now.
    I can't believe I just read that, are you high?:cheers:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.