The Student Room Group

Broken ankle

Hello,

As the title says, I've broken my ankle. I sustained it in a fall from height while rock climbing. I can't weight bear on it for a number of weeks.

I'm normally fairly active (climbing twice a week, swimming twice a week, gym twice a week) so not being able to do this has been a killer. I've also been signed off my PhD for 3 months, so while I'll be carrying on with some work, it won't be my main focus.

I've got a new gym programme but I can't always get to the gym (lift dependent - I can't drive there). Anyone suggest anything?

In terms of my goals - I want to maintain my core strength so that I don't lose too much form when I get back into climbing. Weight gain is also a concern since I'm worried about being so sedentary.
Tnx.
Reply 1
Track your weight and calories at first if you don't think you'll be able to keep your weight where you want it easily

You want suggestions for keeping strength at home? Get a pull up bar, dips in the corner of your kitchen counter, dead bugs, planks (with broken ankle over the fine one so not to take weight), push ups (same ankle deal as planks, add weight in a backpack), levers and leg raises and the likes on the pull up bar

Quick Reply

Latest