Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The book on your life............................ ................................ .... Watch

ReputationRep:
    You find, under your bed, a blank hard cover book, with no title or blurb.

You pick it up, dust it off, and as you read it you come to realise that the book is about your life. And it's detailed. DETAILED!

You get to the point/chapter where you are reading the book (the present). Obviously the parts/chapter after this will be about the future.

DO YOU CONTINUE TO READ IT?
    Do YOU FIND OUT ABOUT WHO BREAKS YOUR HEART? ABOUT WHAT JOB(S) YOU DO? WHERE YOU LIVE? DO YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THE UPS AND DOWNS?
    DO YOU FIND OUT WHO YOU MARRY, WHEN YOUR LOVED ONES DIE, WHEN/HOW YOU DIE?

Do you put the book down, or even burn it?

DO YOU WANNA KNOW?
    DO YOU WANNA KNOW?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I don't want to know when I'm going to die, hell no, but when faced with a book like that I'd definitely read ahead a bit to find out if I'm going to be successful with my writing endeavours.
    After reading that part I'd probably destroy the book, otherwise I'd end up being tempted into reading the end, and I really really DON'T want to know about my death.

Or I might get someone else to read my death part. If it's a normal natural old age type of death I'd just tell them to say nothing, but if it's something preventable i.e. a specific date when I die in a car crash, then I'd get them to tell me so I can avoid that particular situation on that day. I don't believe anything is absolutely written in stone.

ReputationRep:
    if i decide to read on, is that in the book?

if i decide not to read on, is that in the book?

is it a magic book?

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably read to the end of 2015 and then read a few random pages but I'd be quite interested to read my past as I have an awful memory so it would be nice to know what happened but I wouldn't look to see when I died. I'd be gutted if it was a really thin book then you'd know you were going to die soon without even reading it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant stuff!

ReputationRep:
    I will stop at the point where the book says I find the book and I'm reading about the part where I'm reading about the part where I'm reading the book in the book that I'm reading while reading the book.

That's far too meta for me.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably not but start believing in god, if something so irrational happened, so I'd know that I would spend the rest of my life as a monk, wearing a hair shirt, whipping myself to the holy land
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I'd like to think that I had the self control not to read it but I really don't . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous Coward)
    You find, under your bed, a blank hard cover book, with no title or blurb.

You pick it up, dust it off, and as you read it you come to realise that the book is about your life. And it's detailed. DETAILED!

You get to the point/chapter where you are reading the book (the present). Obviously the parts/chapter after this will be about the future.

DO YOU CONTINUE TO READ IT?
    Do YOU FIND OUT ABOUT WHO BREAKS YOUR HEART? ABOUT WHAT JOB(S) YOU DO? WHERE YOU LIVE? DO YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THE UPS AND DOWNS?
    DO YOU FIND OUT WHO YOU MARRY, WHEN YOUR LOVED ONES DIE, WHEN/HOW YOU DIE?

Do you put the book down, or even burn it?

DO YOU WANNA KNOW?
    DO YOU WANNA KNOW?
    I close the book temporarily, precommit to enter the lottery if and only if I read that I didn't enter the lottery, take the book down to the newsagents, fill out a lottery slip, continue reading and see what happens. If I read that I'm not about to enter the lottery, I'll pay for my ticket and enter. If I read that I'm about to enter the lottery, I tear up my ticket and leave. Hopefully the universe gets so confused that I win the lottery.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I want to know EVERYTHING. There's no way in hell that book would get burnt.

ReputationRep:
    Yh I wouldn't be able to resist, I'll probably skip to the end though and see what I did before my death and how I died, to see if it it was good or not

ReputationRep:
    I'd personally keep it but out of the way so its not constantly on my mind and I'd occasionally read what is going to happen on the following day, like using it as a horoscope and I would obviously try to trick the book and try and change the way the day goes and just see what happens.
    However, I would not want to know big life facts like when I will die or anyone else will. Those things need to just happen without me knowing before hand.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.